The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

WELL

ugh

whatever I guess

I got super depressy and self-loathing last night and since it was already the evening I decided to just hide and be grouchy. I figured sleep would knock off the worst of it, and it has (although I am still just, so, so tired, and generally kind of melancholy), so I doodled on my tablet and ended up getting super invested in a playthrough of The Excavation of Hob's Barrow. I'm in the final two hours of it (it's a six hour long video) and it seems like something @mek and @KnightOfCups would be into, with the following caveats:

1) I haven't finished watching the video so idk if my endorsement will stand by the end of it
2) it's an extremely slow burn, to the point that I wouldn't have patience to play through it (it's a LOT of talking to people, although the voice acting and dialogue are all quite good imho) but watching a playthrough in the background has been fine and when it kicked off it did have its hooks in
3) mek has probably already heard of this or perhaps even played it and has opinions on it because he tends to be way more in tune with PC games than me

It's billed as "folk horror" which checks out so far, and now that I'm thinking about it maybe the slow burn would feel less slightly painfully slow if I was the one playing it, since then I could click on more stuff and also tbh I doubt I'd click on every single dialogue option like Gab Smolders does

Anyways, today's my Monday equivalent and I did eat my breakfast while typing this up, so now I'm going to drink a coffeedrank, probably do my ESO dailies real quick, and then exercise and whatever else routine stuff before I go to work and the horrors persist

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Addendum: I didn't like the ending but that will not come as a surprise

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Finished this finally

Sevaufein character sheet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:39 pm

so I doodled on my tablet and ended up getting super invested in a playthrough of The Excavation of Hob's Barrow. I'm in the final two hours of it (it's a six hour long video) and it seems like something @mek and @KnightOfCups would be into

That does look like our sort of thing, and since it wasn't on my wishlist I don't think I have in fact heard of it before now! The rest of the developer's and publisher's libraries also look interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on them

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Slept wrong, because that's a thing you can do when you're in your thirties, and now my left arm hurts at the shoulder

It may be about to dislocate, because that's a thing it can do when you're a military veteran, and the "pinching" sort of pain way inside the joint does feel right for that

Either way there's not much I can do about it except take ibuprofen and be gentle, so hopefully work allows me to do that because I have zero control over whether I have to flip extremely heavy bodies over or not

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Before I started my job I didn't have any opinions on chiropractors and now I have so many opinions on chiropractors

literally just go get a massage, which notably does not contain the extremely high risk of causing an arterial dissection with quack science founded by a man who said he learned how to do it from ghosts

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:36 pm

founded by a man who said he learned how to do it from ghosts

in case you thought I was exaggerating

Screenshot 2024-06-12 105339.png

also even modern chiropracting is heavily tied into anti-vaccination movements and they deliberately call themselves "doctors" despite having no such educational background or licensure

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
knightofcups
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Pronouns: he/him
.oO: lord what fools these mortals be!

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by knightofcups »

People in my profession recommend chiropractic for infants with some regularity, and I have tried so hard to find a professional, polite way to say "oh, god no, do not do that" without undermining the /good/ information they're giving.

It is so deeply frustrating.

★
.how quick bright things come to confusion.
★

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

This is a Very Interesting youtube that's probably going to have a lot of stuff you already know, but if you want a deep-dive into the subject (and a chiropractor literally saying that he doesn't know how it works but it can cure anything), then this is a deep-dive into the subject (with a chiropractor literally saying that he doesn't know how it works but it can cure anything):

Post Reply