hey look I have enough brain to finally get caught up on these
Vampire Hunter D Volume 14: Dark Road - Parts One and Two by Hideyuki Kikuchi
Vampire Hunter D Volume 15: Dark Road - Part Three by Hideyuki Kikuchi
Just gonna write about these both as one, since it's one story and I did not have super strong opinions about one vs. the other. I thought this was a good one! The premise is that a bunch of super powerful Nobles (who I think were specifically all killed by 'The Sacred Ancestor,' aka Dracula, D's father) find themselves suddenly resurrected and don't know why. Their leader believes it's to kill D, and starts a sort of grand challenge in order to accomplish that. It suffers from some of the usual Kikuchi problems, such as launching a character offscreen and forgetting they exist for long periods of time, but I liked the cast and the combat was fun. D actually spends most of it blind, because he's injured early on and it takes him a few days to heal, and he ends up removing Left Hand for a period of time as well. Boy had some trubs!
It was a big fun time, though.
oh iosdhosl;gosdfi I just remembered the second book does get huge points off for an unnecessary and gross plot point that thankfully not much time is spent on but D:<
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 7:12 pmOrdered from most to least-liked, and I am forcing myself not to give commentary on my decisions:
Vampire Hunter D Volume 5: The Stuff of Dreams
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D Volume 13: Twin Shadowed Knight - Parts One and Two
Vampire Hunter D Volume 8: Mysterious Journey to the North Sea - Part Two
Vampire Hunter D Volume 7: Mysterious Journey to the North Sea - Part One
Vampire Hunter D Volume 10: Dark Nocturne
Vampire Hunter D Volume 14: Dark Road - Parts One and Two
Vampire Hunter D Volume 15: Dark Road - Part Three by Hideyuki Kikuchi
Vampire Hunter D Volume 9: The Rose Princess
Vampire Hunter D Volume 4: Tale of the Dead Town
Vampire Hunter D Volume 3: Demon Deathchase
Vampire Hunter D Volume 6: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane
Vampire Hunter D Volume 2: Raiser of Gales
#books2024