The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I just took dose 2 of Dayquil time to go on a run this is definitely a good idea

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I'm on the mend but Baby seems a little under the weather (puked twice over the past two days, this morning didn't seem super interested in her breakfast) so I'm gonna see if I can get her into the vet today to check her pancreas and kidney levels, hopefully she's okay (and if not hopefully we caught it early enough this time that she just needs some anti-nausea meds or whatever)

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Got her an appointment at 10:00! It's with a different clinic about fifteen minutes away, but her normal one is booked until Monday and I'm not comfortable waiting that long. Same vet group, though, so they have all her paperwork etc.

Definitely super nervous there's a bigger issue and that's why she's sick again, but we'll see what they find.

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Okay!

Been to the vet and back; consensus is it's a pancreatitis flare-up that we caught early, so they gave her some subcutaneous fluid and anti-nausea meds. Vet wasn't too worried and said it's not unusual to have a flare-up so soon after such a severe case, so just to keep an eye on her for worsening symptoms. I'm glad I took her, at least!

okay time to eat a food and procrastinate until I engage Apartment Cleaning mode, the bachelor mess has gotten a bit out of hand

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Sauce_HolE.png

I finished drawing my son taking a nap in his normal napping spot

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

That looks really good! I thought it was a screenshot for a second! The pose and the lighting are great

I'm glad you were able to get Baby seen and that the vet isn't worried. I hope she feels better soon

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Thanks!!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Wed Dec 04, 2024 3:01 pm

Spotify Wrapped dropped and I am not sure I have ever experienced something so custom tailored to make my brain furious, the information is displayed extremely chaotically and over the past year Spotify has leaned into those dumb "fairycore" "punkhope" labels for everything and and and old man yells at cloud!!!

I feel justified in my grumpiness, apparently it was extremely AI generated and boy did it feel exactly like that

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I've felt kinda-- not to do the Bilbo Baggins, but yeah, a bit like butter spread too thinly over bread kind of a deal. I think some of it is just Baby Dog being sick, then me being sick, then both of us still being varying levels of sick. Some of it, too, is definitely the weather and the time of year, because it's dark and it's cold and I'm tired. I could probably chalk up the rest to acclimating to a new schedule and a bunch of other things but the end result is I've just been simultaneously: tired and restless, overstimulated and understimulated, grumpy and lonely, etc etc etc

I think I'm finally breaking through it and feel more energized and ready to have my routines back in place but man, I just feel like I've lost weeks of time to barely hanging on

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

"it's valid to just survive" I agree but also I wanna, like, do shit

Post Reply