The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

New glasses arrived!

PXL_20250508_204619033.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I've had a relaxing weekend so far!

In an effort to battle The Brain Spookies I am trying to veg out on video games a bit less; I'm definitely not removing that activity, because I like vegging out on video games, but I feel like I need to be making more active choices in my life.

So! Yesterday I played a bit of Stardew Valley in the morning with my coffee, then went on a nice long run, did a couple of RP responses, and knocked out some chores and an errand before I hopped back on video games. Said video games ended up being ESO and then some Vermintide with Masque-- oh, I should update my video game backlog tracker to add Vermintide since they're taking me through the main campaign. I'm favoring Victor Saltzpyre as a playable, because he's a freaky little guy (he's actually a very tall old man) and I smooch him on his forehead.

Today I have Responsibility Phone Calls to make to figure out some medical appointment stuff, and I want to go on another run and do some meal prep. Otherwise I'd like to sit down and write, which I've not been doing for a while due to a combination of grief, aforementioned Brain Spookies, and then just being............not a diligent writer, which is not my favorite thing about myself at the moment.

But we're trying!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

adulting is purchasing a new blender and being legit excited because I got tired of fighting my old one every time I tried to blend frozen fruit for smoothies

Ninja Blender will fix me though

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Busy day!

Exercised, did laundry, meal prepped some pasta stuff, picked and cleaned dandelions for dandelion jelly (they're cooling off right now; you basically steep them overnight like tea, so I'm waiting for the boiling water they got dunked into to cool so I can put it in the fridge), and uhhhhhh.........bought a new blender, see above. It's a beautiful day out, so I've had the windows open to let in fresh air all day, which has been nice.

I can tell I'm a bit tired and overstimulated though because I'm hanging out in voice chat and other people speaking is grating on my nerves so I think I'll opt out of social for the night and either play a bit of a game or read a book.

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Wrote a little!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Re-reading The Scarlet Pimpernel in-between cases at work and it really is the most Erika book of all time

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I have become the person who eats lunch in my car because I am, antisocial

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Tue May 13, 2025 1:09 pm

Re-reading The Scarlet Pimpernel in-between cases at work and it really is the most Erika book of all time

I wish when I looked up "books similar to The Scarlet Pimpernel" it wasn't just, other classics written around the same time

A Tale of Two Cities and The Scarlet Pimpernel are not uhhhhhh very similar at all actually

anyways further proof I need to be the one writing books similar to The Scarlet Pimpernel

Sorcyress
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:51 pm
Pronouns: They

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Sorcyress »

Oh dang, I finally read Scarlet Pimpernel for the first time a couple months ago and thought it was quite fun! My buddy Elishka has a policy of buying beat-up copies in used bookstores every time they see them, so they can give those copies to all their friends. They got incredibly excited last year when they went to England and found a bunch of the sequels available, so like, I assume you know there are sequels and if not, that might be a "books similar to" that helps, if they are findable?

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Thanks for the heads up! I actually haven't read any of the sequels and honestly didn't know there were any, so I will go check that out!

Post Reply