The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Are Jumba and Pleakly still there at the end and how gay are they coded

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Yeah I have seen some people claim in the ending that Nani straight up gives Lilo to foster care, and while I haven't seen the movie, I'm not sure they have either 😂 I do think regardless of intention the big miss was in overwriting the original concept of, like you said, Nani just needing a bigger support network. Once she had that, she could follow her dreams just fine (which I think was being a champion surfer? or implied to be that?), and imho deciding she needs to formally not be Lilo's guardian and go to college instead is missing the mark.

It's good for caretakers of children to want (and get) independence and to acknowledge that taking care of children is difficult and can limit your own experiences, but uhhhhh I don't think this is the movie for that, particularly

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

also why would she not just go to college in Hawaii?????

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

This is ignoring my real beef, which is that I find live action remakes/series reboots/high definition remakes/etc to largely be a waste of creative time when the goal is only to make things photorealistic

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Took a menty health day today and called off work, I slept in until 9 AM which is extremely telling in terms of my mental and physical exhaustion (I am normally insufferable and wake up between 5 AM and 6 AM)

It's hard when the grind is unsustainable and you know it but like, what can ya do

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Weekend equivalent!

Woke up pretty early so I went ahead and nabbed groceries after I drank my coffee. Right now I'm eating proper breakfast (I made a little open-faced pesto and egg sammich) and will do some MMO chores while that digests, then I think I may go ahead and knock out exercise. Today I want to start packing (!!!!), since while we're not quite in full on "pack everything" mode we are definitely close enough, aka one month out, that I need to start getting stuff sorted so it's not a catastrophe at the last minute.

The main project I want to complete today is emptying out one of my closets to be the designated "here is where packed stuff goes" until we reach the aforementioned "pack everything" mode. Aside from that I'll do some general tidying and I do wanna draw, since I've been neglecting that creativity task a lot lately.

ok time to space out a bit before I engage action mode

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Having a blast w/ Doom Dark Ages, especially when it does extremely rad as hell shit like having a giant demon in the background that you actually go inside of as a level because its heart powers an ancient forge

content.png
cfhjhjgk.png
sdfgsg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I packed probably a little more than was strictly necessary, but I was kinda restless and fidgety in a way that wanted Task so I went ahead and packed up my winter clothes and some decorations, as well as Baby Dog's dog toys.

Hm, I guess at some point I should stop calling them her toys, specifically, although I feel like the language will adjust itself once they are a different specific dog's toys

anyways!

Got some packing done, exercised, and then kinda crashed out in the middle of the day and played some Crime Scene Cleaner. I felt like playing a game I hadn't played before, and specifically one I could zone out on, so that fit the bill and I enjoyed it quite a bit! I'll definitely keep playing it. It did give me like, Leon in Snowtown headcanon energy. Kinda wanna draw him pressure washing blood off the walls and looking spaced out

ope almost D&D time lemme focus up, anyways tl;dr good weekend the only other thing of significance was I tried a matcha latte for the first time and it tasted like wet grass

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Screenshot 2025-05-31 183138.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Sat May 31, 2025 11:33 pm

Kinda wanna draw him pressure washing blood off the walls and looking spaced out

I feel like for the bit he would need to also be smoking a cigarette which would be very eastern European of him, although I don't think any iteration of Leon has ever smoked (stinky and too expensive)

Post Reply