The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Busy couple of days!

On Friday I had off and spent it cramming recovery and trying to unpack like a madman, especially because I wanted to empty as many banker's boxes as I could to take to Sophie so she can use them. On Saturday morning early I drove to Milwaukee, helped Sophie do a few things, then we loaded up Ms Whiskey (her cat)'s belongings and then Ms Whiskey herself!

I don't know if I mentioned it specific but the idea is that Ms Whiskey is gonna move a week in advance, both so she can acclimate to the new place and so she's not underfoot and/or maximum stressed by Sophie's final packing and then the movers arriving. She did really well on the car ride, but when we got to the apartment she immediately hid under my bed and refused to come out for basically a full 24 hrs. I was supposed to work today but called off because a) my body was extremely sore from the last week or so of exertion and b) motherfucking goddamn motherfucker fireworks all fucking night AT TWO IN THE MORNING, EVEN, OH MY FUCKING GOD

ahem

Anyways, I'm glad I called off because Sophie and I got a lot done and moved and also got Ms Whiskey more comfortable with her surroundings, so now she's wandering around like a champ. I'm honestly not used to having a cat and dogs are way clingier, so I keep checking to make sure she's alright and she looks at me like ???? what do u want????

She's super sweet though, if a bit skittish.

ok I have an ESO trial I'm gonna do then I'm gonna pass out and prepare to go back to a regular capitalism schedule for a few days, if I hear a single firework go off tonight and particularly any past 10 PM I am going to bite someone

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Ms Whiskey is hazing the fuck out of me, woke me up at 4 AM to top off her kibble bowl and then pooped in the litter box immediately after I scooped it

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Ms Whiskey likes Baby Dog's old snuffle mat

PXL_20250708_110109555.jpg
PXL_20250708_110113824.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I have discovered when you grow up in a Certain Type of Household that it's weirdly healing to accidentally make a huge mess and it not be a big deal

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

😂

Screenshot_20250708-104908.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Ms Whiskey stop biting me challenge

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am on my weekend, and also kinda-sorta on vacation!

I have my normal weekend (Fri/Sat) off, then on Sunday/Monday I help Sophie move in (!!!!), then I have off til the next Fri/Sat to both move in and see my friends! Masque, Greggo, and Sam are all coming down so it'll be busy but big fun.

That does mean today and tomorrow are my calm-before-the-storm days so I'm trying to a) get as much unpacking done as I can in advance of Sophie arriving, that way we can focus more on her unpacking stuff/things we need to mutually decide on like what wall art goes where and b) actually relax a little bit, maybe, possibly.

I started the day by drinking coffeedrank while Ms Whiskey hazed me and I played a bit of ESO (finished getting the last piece of Two-Sauce's trials healing set!! very lucky and exciting), then I gathered up some more donations, lugged them to the car, and from there zipped them on over to Goodwill. Notably one of the donations was an entire window AC unit that, between us, was just not something we needed to keep/store, so hopefully someone who needs it can score a working window unit on the cheap. Removing all of that stuff kinda started a chain of events where oh now I can move that there, and that there, and that there---so I've been doing that a whole bunch while I have the energy for it. That is definitely transitioning into "had" the energy for it, so right now I'm finishing up a few small tasks while I do laundry, then I will shower, then I will likely be ready to sit down for the evening and be a slug.

Speaking of slug, tonight I have a game thing @Fetian has planned, so it'll be nice to hang out with him and Dave!

ok lemme go put laundry in the dryer

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

PXL_20250711_142558211.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

ba-ba-ba-ba-butthole

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Sometimes I forget how many dudebro shooters I've played until I unpack an item by placing it somewhere it fits well and shout LET'S FUKKEN GOOOOOOO like I just got a crisp headshot

Post Reply