Page 105 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 pm
by erikakaiser

I'm not proud of this newfound facet of myself but also why is the world so loud


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:57 pm
by Fetian

I mean it sounds like your work environment is like, constantly overstimulating, so wanting to minimise social stimulation that you can opt out of sounds about right


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:35 pm
by erikakaiser
mek wrote: ↑Sat May 11, 2024 9:57 pm

I mean it sounds like your work environment is like, constantly overstimulating, so wanting to minimise social stimulation that you can opt out of sounds about right

Yeah a lot of it is my workplace, which is wild because my job is to work with dead people and you'd think that would be the hard part, but no! That part doesn't overstimulate me at all, and honestly neither does talking to family members/taking in calls most of the time, but that combined with an open office and everyone shrieking and talking all the time is too much for me.

I think I'll wait until I move to morning shift and then reassess and figure out if I need to do some brainwork to be less bitingly grouchy when someone tries to speak to me at work. I don't think I need to be more social, necessarily, but for instance I took my Monday equivalent off as a sick day and yesterday when I went in a coworker yelled my name to get me to take my earplugs out (which I had put in because it was already loud) and asked me if I was "feeling better" today and he thankfully could not see the bitchy face I made in my desire to tell him that my status before, during, and after a day off was none of his business

which is like, a bit much of me


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm
by erikakaiser

I do also struggle with not resenting the fact that work overstimulates me socially so much that the only two days I have where I can actually speak to my friends, since otherwise I work 3 PM to 11 PM and cannot, I usually need at least one of those days as a peace and quiet day because I'm so tired of words

That part, at least, will get easier when I switch shifts, because then I can have a more regular schedule and spread social time out throughout the workweek instead of feeling pressured to cram it into my weekend


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:41 pm
by erikakaiser

In general I'm fighting feeling like my millennial humors or whatever are out of balance


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 pm
by erikakaiser

anyway I drew my ESO character

Two_-_SaUCE.png

I've decided at some undisclosed time in the past he was a templar for the Dawnguard who found out some shit he ought not, so in order to save himself from being executed for treason he makes a deal to get put in the Rectory Corporea! In doing ESO quests I learned that's a place in Apocrypha where Hermaeus Mora stores bodies in stasis and uses their minds to learn about experiences, secrets, etc. It's a "willing" transaction (quotes because he's a Daedric Prince so like, you might agree to it but there's no telling what your other options were, i.e. Two-Sauce was literally getting burned to death at the time) and your body stays protected while you're kept in stasis for X amount of time, which can be years or decades or even centuries.

It has some, uh, side-effects when you come out, so Two-Sauce doesn't remember anything, including his actual name or that he was once a bad-ass templar, so now he walks around and eats bugs and plays with knives


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 pm
by erikakaiser

Sophie referred to him as having gotten a "Daedric lobotomy" which I feel is pretty accurate


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:37 am
by erikakaiser

I found a new picrew and immediately used it for Rex and Merillian drama smooches

2317684_oxcgOkCP.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:39 am
by erikakaiser

I also did a Sev and Astarion one because I am insufferable

2317684_gbARNFAG.png

(the picrew is here if anyone wants it: https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/2317684)


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available