Page 109 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed May 22, 2024 7:21 pm
by Fetian

Blocking out the word prevents blacklist addons from catching it, so they're actually being the opposite of accessible by doing that!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:45 pm
by erikakaiser
mek wrote: ↑Wed May 22, 2024 7:21 pm

Blocking out the word prevents blacklist addons from catching it, so they're actually being the opposite of accessible by doing that!

aha! even moreso!

I guess I should take this moment to caveat and say I do think moderating conversation in shared spaces is a good thing, and I do like having different channels to opt in/out of things like NSFW talk and images, political/world news, etc. I definitely cater my particular online bubbles and have certain terms muted or blocked, and in discord servers I'll mute channels that I'm not into. In group chat settings you can't really do the IRL equivalent of walking away from a conversation you're not vibing with or that's triggering to you, so I think having tools to help bridge that is important.

So, moderation good!

Weird and thoughtless puritanical tiktok censorship of key words, bad


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:48 pm
by erikakaiser

also this one is definitely a competing needs thing but if I am expected to spoiler tag all images of food even within the channel that is about food talk I will just leave that space or never speak about food there, I get extremely frustrated by rules implying disordered eating means the concept of food as it exists for humanity cannot be perceived by my eyes


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:59 pm
by erikakaiser

ANYWAYS

yesterday I realized I've been kinda negative lately, and some of that from this week at least is hormonal, but I think some of it is me needing to not, you know, be so negative

So for the rest of the week I'm going to try and make a positive observation about myself and my environment each day! I'm not into forced positivity as a whole and think a lot of terminally online toxic positivity is Not Great (tm), but I wanna recalibrate just a bit

Today's is:
Even though my PMS self-loathing brain (which got a little better after a night of sleep, I should add, so additional props to me for recognizing my brain needed an immediate reset and going to bed right after work last night) is doing the thing, I really have improved quite a bit in my drawing since I started trying to learn again and I am proud of that improvement

My bedroom is exactly the space I always wanted but could never make for myself in the past and it's nice to have a space I want to spend time in, that I made


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 23, 2024 1:07 pm
by erikakaiser

My recent searches are definitely a good overview glimpse into the mind of an Erika

Screenshot_20240523-061549.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:30 pm
by erikakaiser

Today's positive thing about myself is I like telling stories with my friends, which I think is an important part of being a human in general

Today's positive thing about my environment is that I have set up many spaces for my dog to sleep and nest in and she more or less uses them all and it's extremely cute


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:29 pm
by erikakaiser

Today's positive thought about myself is that despite being raised in religious conservative boomer hell, I have made a lot of positive decisions about trying to be better than my upbringing and acted on them

Today's positive thought about my environment is I really like the neighborhood I live in and feel super lucky to be this close to the lake and so many nice running trails


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 26, 2024 3:12 pm
by erikakaiser

Today's positive thoughts are both that I survived the work week and am now on my weekend!

It's also supposed to storm all day today, which I'm excited about for the vibes and because I have no tasks that require me to be outside except occasionally sneaking in a potty walk for Baby Dog.

Today's agenda is looking like:
basic upkeep household chores (already pretty much done, I did dishes and a quick mop of the floors)
finish group chat art prompt (will finish during D&D)
D&D at 4:00 (last session ended with a big cliffhanger wherein Rex got stabbed so I'm HYPE)
mek & Dave time after that (we're scheduled at 6:00, although I'll have to keep an eye on the time during D&D and warn them if I think we're gonna go over)
at some point probably walk on the treadmill/some strength training for exercise since I'll otherwise be indoors all day

Since it's kind of a social day I'm going to enjoy quiet time this morning and play some ESO, I think!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 26, 2024 9:20 pm
by erikakaiser
Screenshot 2024-05-26 161948.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 27, 2024 1:16 pm
by erikakaiser

I have no specific plans today and am thrilled about it!

Yesterday was more scheduled but all things I had a great time doing (D&D, Ultimate Chicken Horse with mek and Dave aka If Dave Loses We All Win, then some ESO with Sophie) and it's nice to follow that up with a day I can just meander through at my own pace.

I do have a few things I need to get done:
groceries
send my leasing people renter's insurance proof before they piss me the fuck off by trying to auto-enroll me in their shitty rental insurance program like they did last year
shave my undercut cuz we gettin scruffy

aaaaaaaaaand I think that's it, I'm pretty caught up on chores otherwise