Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I need a vacation
I need a vacation
There should be a support group specifically for children of parents who were miserable to food service workers and occasionally are hit by the lightning bolt of remembering when you were like fifteen and gave the waitress a pained smile because your mom was being an absolute cunt but there was nothing you could do about it
Like it's such a highly specific form of powerlessness and probably half of why I became a heavy tipper and would perish before asking someone to remake my food
I understand why media retellings of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde always end up being kinda extra, because the original story is extremely short and it's definitely spicier if you add in a fiancé and some baby mama drama, but man I would sincerely love to see a movie or short miniseries that's just the actual story told in a straightforward way
It's also not a popular one to interpret in the first place, unfortunately; the obvious outlier is that it has an entire fairly successful musical attributed to it, but I can't think of any movies or shows that aren't cartoons or the old silent film
I was looking up the wiki page and I do get this interpretation, like it makes sense in the way attributing repressed sexuality to Victorian gothic novels generally makes sense, and it is true the story is extremely dudely
but it's just honestly hilarious to think of Mr. Hyde as being a tiny murder gay that Dr. Jekyll can't hold back anymore
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Wed May 29, 2024 1:50 pmbut it's just honestly hilarious to think of Mr. Hyde as being a tiny murder gay that Dr. Jekyll can't hold back anymore
Mags
I wish I had something to do with Mags, as it is she just exists in chaos bisexual limbo
It's interesting to me that most people's perception of U.S. Southern social culture is excessive talk/"southern hospitality," etc. because while that's true in some areas, in the mountain south it is extremely rude to ask other people personal questions and you rarely converse outside of situations in which it is clearly acceptable to do so, mostly church or large family gatherings (during the latter you would only be speaking to your family, also, and not coworkers/strangers)
I've had to forcibly learn not to bristle when people ask me about myself or even how my weekend was and can I just take a second to say goddamn these yankees are exhausting with their questions
This is a topographic map of the holler from whence I came, we hide in these mountains and do not talk to people so please stop asking me questions about my weekend and go back to your own holler where it is safe
Hi I'm a thirtysomething STEM major and professional in my field and greater than/less than signs eternally confuse the fuck out of me