Page 115 of 280
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:08 pm
by erikakaiser
KnightOfCups wrote: ↑Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:12 pm
People in my profession recommend chiropractic for infants with some regularity, and I have tried so hard to find a professional, polite way to say "oh, god no, do not do that" without undermining the /good/ information they're giving.
It is so deeply frustrating.
for infants?!?!
Screenshot 2024-06-13 100804.png
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:10 pm
by erikakaiser
Speaking of infants I was at a children's hospital for almost seven fucking hours yesterday because hospital administration was refusing to let me do my job, I am too exhausted to recount the event but our Chief Medical Examiner got involved and we may open a coroner's inquest and I just want to sleep for eight days
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:31 pm
by erikakaiser
Today and tomorrow at work it is only me, Man Who is Afraid of Wieners, Alcoholic Boomer, and Boomer Who Ignores His Phone
My eye is already twitching
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:32 pm
by erikakaiser
Man Who is Afraid of Wieners also works at the desk next to mine and often uses that proximity to chatter at me, because he is the type of person who likes to have talk-noise and to chatter his thoughts out loud
To be clear that's not a crime, but also it's a crime and I just want to scry for antiquities on my Steam Deck in-between calls without speaking to anyone
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:41 pm
by erikakaiser
I did get an ego boost in the form of our operations manager saying I should apply for the deputy chief position that's open right now, and he is the second person in a position of authority to tell me I should! He also told me they (he and the Chief ME) could tell I was passionate about my job, which I appreciated.
I did consider it (about 10k more a year, would have an office with a door that closes vs open cubicle hell), but it would be the deputy chief over third shift, so midnights, and I also keenly remember how much I despised supervising personnel in my last job. I think for now, at least, I am content to be a peon death investigator, even if I'm struggling with the work/life balance element.
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:24 pm
by erikakaiser
this is 90% of my OCs
Screenshot_20240614-182215.png
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:24 pm
by erikakaiser
Lately Steam has been finicky with the ESO launcher and if I didn't think it would goober my easy access on Steam Deck I would switch to running the game separate from Steam because goddamn you have One Job
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:31 pm
by erikakaiser
Friday equivalent!
I am
fucking exhausted
and I think I'm going to triage my usual routine stuff and just try to set up Weekend Erika (particularly Tomorrow Erika) for success. Part of that involves grabbing some quick groceries -- I should do a proper run on Monday, but I need milk for coffee and eggs for ........ well, eggs, which I like to eat for breakfast -- and then I'll probably go ahead and tidy up the apartment. I should go on a run but I honestly don't know if I have it in me, my body is so tired I'm physically sore. It's just been a tough week at work, which happens and I'm trying to deal with responsibly, but part of that is fully anticipating I'll crash pretty hard tomorrow.
oh!! I do wanna work on the group chat art prompt tonight if I can, and definitely tomorrow. I'll brainstorm that while I do groceries/chores, so far my brain is vaguely going "Mags, Jekyll & Hyde, practice medieval/folk art borders????" and I wanna try to squish that into an actual concept
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:51 pm
by erikakaiser
Yesterday (Saturday equivalent) was nice; I went on a punishing (affectionate) run and mostly relaxed otherwise. I had D&D, then played a bit of Elden Ring with Greggo, and otherwise dooted around in ESO which still has its hooks in me. It's actually got its hooks in me more because I've been lightly getting into having a proper "build" (for healer on Two-Sauce and tank on Janus) which includes crafting and/or dungeon-running for specific gear sets. At some point I'll need to return to FF14, which I've only been poking at occasionally, but ehhhhhhhhh I wanna be a little feral bosmer some more
Today I went and got groceries early because it's gonna be 90F+ all day, and in fact when I went out for Baby Dog's morning walk at about 7:00 AM it was already gross. I put the groceries away but tbh the kitchen is a mess and I need to sort out the fridge a bit better, so I'm about to go do that now, probably clean the bathroom, then tidy a little in general and call that good for my weekend chores. At some point if mek is still feeling it we'll play ESO together, and then Greggo and Sam are gonna try to help me beat an Elden Ring boss that's necessary to play the upcoming DLC, but otherwise I want to relax, work on some writing, and play video games.
I am gonna throw up a quick to-do list because I'm about to engage Chores Mode (tm):
clean kitchen (do the dishes you pleb!!!)
sort out fridge
clean bathroom
spot clean floors/tidy
groom Baby Dog and brush her teefins
Once I finish that it should be time to take Baby Dog out for a quick afternoon walk, and then I'll be set to do whatever
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:05 pm
by erikakaiser
I have completed chores and am now flopping on the couch for a bit, which includes cleaning out my phone galleries and I found these lurking in there
20240614_210818.jpg
20240610_193144.jpg
nods