Page 118 of 280
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:09 pm
by erikakaiser
Tuesday equivalent!
I decided to play hooky today --
hang on it occurred to me I have no idea why the thing is called that and a quick Google suggests this but honestly who knows????
Screenshot 2024-06-26 110728.png
also a bride "playing hooky" from her wedding seems a bit more severe than what I've always heard the term used as, which is to skip out on something in a mostly harmless way
-- with the caveat that if I did so, I would need to get groceries, do laundry, still go on a run, and do a Phone Call Errand I've been putting off. I decided that was a fair bargain and have done half the things, plus made a food and ate the food, so now I'm sitting for a bit and installing the FF14 patch until it's time to get laundry out of the dryer and go on my run.
It worked out that Masque happens to get their new PC tonight so I think we may try to play Lethal Company with Greggo! Otherwise, yeah, I'm just gonna kinda take the day.
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:21 pm
by Fetian
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:09 pm
Screenshot 2024-06-26 110728.png
Etymonline agrees with the "hoekje" possibility, but also offers the phrase "hook it" as a potential origin
Also yeah a bride skipping out on her wedding wouldn't be 'playing hooky' imo -- both because that's way more severe an action than the term implies but also because I think you play hooky from ongoing things that you will attend again in the future, you skip one day of it and then go back
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:57 pm
by erikakaiser
Back to business as usual today!
I did enjoy my day off; Lethal Company was a blast, we ended up playing with four people for about two hours and actually did reasonably well, considering. We made three quotas, I think? I also encountered those coilhead monsters for the first time, as well as a planet with lightning storms that electrocuted Greggo and Sam. Holding a stop sign/etc makes you conductive so by the time Sam read the game's "drop your metal items, you are currently conductive" warning, he got promptly removed from an entire plane of existence by a lightning strike:
20240626204200_1.jpg
I also took an enormous midday nap that really pepped me up, so I think I needed the rest and the "fuck it, I'm staying home" energy.
Okay time to make sure my bills are in order since it's almost the end of the month, then I'm gonna drink my coffeedrank and play a few video games before I exercise and generally go about my day.
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:01 pm
by erikakaiser
also I need to put laundry away because for all my productivity yesterday I definitely left it in a big pile on the bed, which Baby Dog has now nested and gotten all over the place
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:39 pm
by erikakaiser
I think on my vacation (only eleven working days away, not that I'm counting) I'm gonna do a big clean/declutter, I feel like I'm overdue for a good one and that seems like a perfect task for when I want to be unbothered and indoors but still have thing to do
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:47 am
by erikakaiser
WIP of sleepy son
image.jpg
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:04 pm
by erikakaiser
good lord I am brain dead today
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:49 pm
by erikakaiser
I remained brain dead for most of yesterday, although I did have D&D as usual and then afterward Sophie and I finished the main Clockwork City quest in ESO. It's a good plot/zone! Sotha Sil is, uh, he has some issues. More than once Sophie and I were like "Hey Sotha Sil why does your utopia have [horrible fucked up thing]" because, hey Sotha Sil, why do your robots have meat, why is there a slums in your utopia, why does the sun you made not generate any warmth metaphors metaphors
Anyways today I was slightly more productive, which included going on a run and getting my hold from the library. I did also start digging back into FF14 and to be honest I am not having a great time, it's extremely overstimulating and seems like an exhausting amount of information and buttons to press after the relative "wee go explore press B to stab" of ESO. Like I did unlock Pictomancer but then---
Screenshot 2024-07-01 130311.png
wh-what
I dunno, I'll give it some time to ease back in; the problem is if I stop playing, I lose my housing, and as I've mentioned before that's enough of a pain point for me that if I do lose my housing I'll probably just not play anymore and I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to take that step. I love my character Silas and I like a lot about the game, but god it's so much information and I'm not super interested in the plot
Anyway, that aside, I am just gonna chill for the rest of the day and probably play Lethal Company with the lads tonight or something like that. I'd like to take a break at some point and draw, too!
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:19 am
by erikakaiser
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:49 pmand probably play Lethal Company with the lads tonight or something like that
We played Chained Together and had an absolute blast
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:14 pm
by erikakaiser
Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available