I am so tired and my vacation is still two weeks away
The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Pondering my to-dos during vacation! I think I want to split it up into sections and this will likely change but so far I'm thinking--
Bedroom
Go through clothes and dresser
Bedding
Tidy/declutter closets
Hallway/bathroom/kitchen
Go through bookshelf
Go through hall closet
Kitchen deep-clean and declutter
Check expiry dates in spice rack
Living room
Dust the things that need dusting
Digital
Google Drive
Organize commissions
Clean out inboxes and downloads folders
File backups
And each physical space will get a thorough clean including baseboards, walls, etc. I may get a head start on a few things, like the bookshelf, since I have a pile of VHD light novels that I've been waiting to shelve.
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
It's so humid I ran two miles and was like yeah I think that counts for double and called it good
ez 4 miles
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:47 amFireworks should be illegal and I am only being slightly facetious
This grumpy take sponsored by the fireworks this year kind of being fucking ridiculous???? like ok I don't like fireworks, that's on me, I accept that on certain holidays they will exist and that's whatever, but the fireworks people are buying now feel like genuine bombs going off only a dozen or so feet into the air and they leave smoke/gunpowder everywhere. There was so much smoke outside it looked like fog, both around my apartment and around my workplace.
From experience, also, people leave garbage goddamned all over the place so this weekend I'll make my long run a beach run and bring a trash bag with me for all the damp cardboard and empty hard seltzer cans :/
Anyways, I was so tired last night the festivities didn't keep me up too late, and thankfully (kinda?) Baby Dog's hearing isn't what it used to be so it didn't seem to make her super nervous. She panted a little but then hopped in bed with me to snuggle and snooze.
- Fetian
- Posts: 4592
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
- .oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
vets with dogs people whose states were already on fire but now they're extra on fire
People have gotten so inconsiderate about a lot of things, especially to do with public spaces, and it Sucks So Hard. Fireworks need to be limited to the actual day of the holiday and people who aren't fireworks professionals need to not have access to fireworks that launch themselves up into the air, at a minimum
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Made it to Friday!
I had aspirations of going on a run and getting groceries today but to be honest I just did not move fast enough and decided to triage, so I got groceries and am gonna clean the kitchen and do a few chores I would normally do on the weekend and just go on a long run tomorrow. I have to leave early for work, too, because I have to get gas AND there's some dumb NASCAR thing that's blocking off most roads and will make it difficult to get to work in any sort of reasonable timeframe.
Living in Chicago comes with a lot of privileges but goddamn I just wanna move into the mountains where nature and eldritch horrors are set to Yes and traffic and people are set to No
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Weekend!
I am! so! sleepy!
Yesterday at work was pretty intense and in general I'm slowly crawling to my vacation, so today I've been pretty sluggish. I did manage to go on a run, and right now am D&Ding with possible mek & Dave time after, but I think that's about all I'll accomplish today. Which is fine, tomorrow I have a few tasks to do, but today...........sleepjy
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
D&D was great and so was PlateUp with mek & Dave! I really enjoy hanging out with them and I'm glad we've been able to make time for it.
I went to bed right after we wrapped up playing, which meant I went to sleep at a decent time and slept through the night with minimal dream weirdness, so I actually feel well-rested for once! Hooray! It's also a rainy day later, so this morning I'm gonna run my one outside-requiring errand (gotta grab a few things from the store, and also I want to pick up a pill organizer because I've had once or twice lately where my morning autopilot brain has made me uncertain if I've taken my meds or not) and then get some chores done in-between playing games.
Vacation countdown starts tomorrow!
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I unfortunately think of this song as Janus's theme