The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Unfortunately for everyone who has to deal with Janus, anyways

I could make her nicer but I, won't

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Anyways, I had a pretty good weekend despite the last minute medical hellscape shenanigans!

Today I played more Chained Together w/ Masque and Sam, up to the next checkpoint, and I also started on some decluttering/cleaning projects that I'll likely finish up during my vacation. I went through my bookshelf to dust/tidy/reshelve a few things and pulled three books to donate; I did a huge bookshelf cleanse last year so I'm in pretty good shape and those were all ones I was on the fence about last time and this time just went, eh yeah begone with 'em. After that I cleaned the kitchen really well and went through those cabinets + my spices! I'm honestly pretty loosey-goosey with spice expiry dates because I'm frankly not cooking at a level where I need the freshest spices, and in general I think most spices are fine past the "best by" date even if they're no longer in ideal potency. That being said, I did have a few that expired in, uh, 2022, so I chucked those ones out. I also tidied the bathroom/reorganized my nail polish and moved a few things around. Feels good! I'm excited to fully catch up on household stuff by the end of my vacation.

Okay, I'm gonna space out on ESO and see if I can level Janus up (she's almost at 50!) before I go to bed and crawl through my workweek.

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

vacation......................when

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I love my mean daughter and her big sword

Screenshot 2024-07-09 124505.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

On September 8th I switch to day shift I am so happy I could scream

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Almost through the workweek!

It's not been too bad so far; I had a really frustrating case yesterday (elder abuse, had to interview the abuser who was acting like this was all such a big surprise why she was fine the other day!!! ioghsfgidfgosifg) but otherwise the week has been pretty smooth and I feel like I'm in a good position to have an entire week off. We do have some minimums to maintain and I think mine would be reduced due to the week off, but even without that I'm in good shape.

Speaking of work, as I mentioned I get to switch to day shift soon!! I am overjoyed; I've talked about it a lot because it affects my life a lot, but after three years of pushing through, working 3 PM to 11 PM has really started to affect my work/life balance and general day-to-day joy. I haven't written in ages and struggle to stay creative, because that is not a schedule that works well for my brain despite all my best efforts. I spend all morning cramming in errands and exercise, and then if I do have "me time" after work it just makes me grumpy the next day because then I sleep in and take away from my limited time before work. Having 8 hrs of work in the middle of the day is painful, and there's a reason second shift is the least popular shift (people will stay on midnights, 11 PM to 7 AM, rather than switch to second shift hours). Plus, I'm often socially exhausted by my workweek, which puts me in the painful position of "if I choose to take care of my brain and have quiet time, I am actively skipping one of only two days per week I get to speak to or do activities with my loved ones."

I cannot wait to just, get up and go to work and then come home and have the evenings to myself. I know it's not a magic fix for everything and I'll still need discipline to make sure I write/exercise/etc., and waking up to an alarm again will be gross, but aidfgo;dhfoghdafg I am so excited to have my life back

Post Reply