Page 121 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:06 pm
by erikakaiser

have I mentioned the Thieves Guild in ESO is unexpectedly genuinely delightful

20240710104309_1.jpg
20240710104327_1.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:08 pm
by erikakaiser

The Thieves Guild quest chain in Skyrim is mediocre, imho, although I'm admittedly biased by just being bored of it as content in that game (which is fine, in a game that has myriad other content), but ESO better nails the tropey fun feeling of a band of misfits coming together to do heists


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:08 pm
by erikakaiser

It helps that most members of the guild are extremely queer-coded or just outright canonically gay


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:09 pm
by erikakaiser

like really if your fantasy Thieves Guild isn't a bunch of outcast theatre kids then what are you even doing


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:44 pm
by erikakaiser

Vacation!!!

This morning I woke up, walked Baby Dog and did my morning ablutions, then sat down to do my ESO dailies while I drank coffeedrank. After that I realized I was still pretty groggy, so I engaged in vacation hedonism and went back to sleep for about thirty minutes. I woke up refreshed and ready to knock out some chores really quick and also get a full run of groceries! I just put those away and started dinner (salmon and rice bowls!), so I'm going to sit for a moment and do some logistics while I wait for the rice to get to an ignorable stage. I'm bad for forgetting it's on the stove and burning the bottom of the rice, so.

Aside from that I'm just gonna chill today! I have some plans for the rest of the week, and maybe I'll go over them later, but for now I rest and enjoy not having anything going on that requires immediate attention. Except the rice, @self please don't forget the rice


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:51 pm
by erikakaiser

I did not burn the rice


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:24 pm
by erikakaiser

I didn't burn the salmon either!!! It is sitting to cool and smells delicious.

I DID discover I do not have the knife skills to remove salmon skin from a fillet; I think my knives are sharp enough, but my hands just do not know how to do the task. The recipe I was following called for removing the skin and dicing the salmon into cubes, but I quickly realized I was butchering the fillet in the not good way, so I redirected to just bake the entire fillet and I'll peel the skin off after. It'll be salmon flakes instead of cubes, but, like, who cares


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:50 am
by erikakaiser

Rex's favorite holiday

20240714_204943.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:11 pm
by erikakaiser

Started off today with a dog beach visit before it got too hot!

It's supposed to be hot today and stormy tomorrow, so I'll hold off on any other major outdoor plans (there's a park I wanna go to during my vacation) until after that. Today I need to do laundry and I'm going to work on my household projects, which includes finishing that list of chores I posted a while ago. Mostly I need to deep clean the living room and my bedroom closets, everything else I knocked out in the time leading up to my week off.

So another chill day! I'll go on a run later, but otherwise I'mma play video games and catch up on tasks


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:51 pm
by erikakaiser

I shared some watermelon with Baby Dog and she was a big fan