Page 131 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:39 pm
by erikakaiser

Baby Dog is enjoying the cooler weather in the morning which is great except she's got me out there for a like 45 minute walkies she meanders through at snail pace

gonna have to start going mobile with the morning coffee


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:06 pm
by erikakaiser
GVhPsQJXUAkbr2j.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:11 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:01 am
by erikakaiser

I get it but man I wish people's kneejerk when discussing medication re: mental health was not to give eight thousand warnings about how the process will be the most painful thing you've ever gone through but totally worth it don't worry because I cannot over-emphasize how that was the main factor in me putting off getting meds for, years

I just couldn't fathom being able to handle getting worse before I got better, and that's what all my close friends w/ meds said would happen and it was just too scary


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:03 am
by erikakaiser

I guess to backpedal slightly I am not actually blaming anyone for me not pursuing meds sooner, it's kind of a scary and overwhelming thing in general plus fighting medical hellscape, but it's been a source of frustration for me anytime I see discourse about it come up

I also want people to manage expectations and I know in some cases it really can be an awful fucking rollercoaster ride of side-effects and adjustments but goddamn y'all please sprinkle in some hope and positivity


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:36 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:53 am
by erikakaiser

for the love of god Mr. Rutledge sit down


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:42 pm
by erikakaiser

Kind of a weird workweek, schedule-wise, since we had the DNC and associated craziness followed immediately by an RDO change (our "weekend" change which happens three times a year or so). This particular RDO change is the one where I have to work ten days in a row unless I break it up with my own PTO, because stupid, but tl;dr I worked five days, had Sunday off, and now I'll work three more days and have a week off during which I'm driving to St. Paul to see my friendos.

I'm tired! I'm less melancholy, mostly because I know I have time with friends coming up, plus my move to first shift, which I'm very excited about. September 8th!

but yeah nothing major to report, just chugging along

I did try to go on an early morning run earlier and ate absolute shit (wasn't picking my feet up enough because I was tired, I think, and tripped hard on uneven concrete) so I am icing my knees and will have to figure out how to bandage them before I go to work later.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:44 pm
by erikakaiser

also on Thursday I get to spend my afternoon figuring out where to take my car for service because my front right tire has a slow leak that either needs patched or I need a new tire

cries


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:36 pm
by erikakaiser

abrasions bleed too goddamned much