The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Like Whose Line when they have to pull random costume pieces out of a box

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

mek wrote: ↑Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:33 am

Like Whose Line when they have to pull random costume pieces out of a box

Now I wanna watch Whose Line, I think I have all the old episodes on an external hard drive still

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Sunday equivalent, and also my last day before starting morning shift! Tomorrow I will have to wake up at about 5:00 AM, which is gross, but incredibly worth it. I can't waittttt

Yesterday I got groceries from both the Asian market and Jewel, so I'm gonna do a bit of meal prep today. Mostly to make breakfast sandwiches to eat throughout the week -- I'm gonna try to freeze some individually because apparently doing that and then microwaving them turns out okay, according to the internet, so! I'll give it a try. I'm also making some tofu curry.

Aside from that I have to do laundry at some point and want to go on a run, but otherwise am free to play viddyjames and relax!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Productive day so far!

Today I have:
gone on a run
gotten new detergent and left old detergent in the laundry room with a note saying it's free to whoever wants it (there's nothing wrong with it, I just bought a different brand than usual and have had some skin reactions so I swapped back and it's basically a full container of detergent so I don't want it to waste)
prepped tofu curry
semi-prepped brekky sammies (the eggs are done, I baked them in the oven so I can cut them into easy sandwich shapes, gonna let that cool then actually make the sandwiches when I regain a spoon or two)
started laundry
shaved my undercut
tidied/cleaned floors

and now I am ready to be a slug while laundry finishes

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Screenshot_20240908-103729.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

First day of first shift in the bag!

It went well, although out of anxiety for New Thing Happening I did not sleep well at all, so that combined with a new routine means I felt a little sleepy and out-of-sorts. I also don't quite have the "when do I eat" timeframe down on the new schedule, so when I got home I was super hungry and am now digesting a food before I can exercise. Ideally I'd like to be able to exercise right away just so I can knock all of my productivity/grown-up stuff out while I have momentum, and then move to chill times/relax mode.

Still! It felt amazing to leave work while the sun was still out, and it feels amazing that I'm sitting at my desk basically done for the day (sans exercise) and it's not even 5 PM.

also oh my god it's so much quieter, absolutely fuck the people on second shift and how goddamned loud and socially rude they are

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

this whipped ass btw I finished it in one sitting (kinda, in-between cases, but during one shift) and just god bless a writer willing to have queer characters keep themselves safe even if it means violence

Screenshot 2024-09-08 165125.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:39 pm

also oh my god it's so much quieter, absolutely fuck the people on second shift and how goddamned loud and socially rude they are

I wonder if it's because that shift means they're not getting enough social in the rest of their lives

Or if it's just that people who are socially weird are more likely to take that shift

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

mek wrote: ↑Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:05 am

I wonder if it's because that shift means they're not getting enough social in the rest of their lives

Or if it's just that people who are socially weird are more likely to take that shift

I think it's likely a bit of both; second shift is the least popular shift in terms of people volunteering for it, so the people who really like those hours are already odd ones out.

Incredibly weird environment though because I have never had that type of issue before, even in inherently overstimulating environments like the literal military or when I worked at Field & Stream and had to deal with customers. My coworkers in those cases still minded their general business and didn't infringe on my personal space or fucking exhaust me to the point of feeling ill from social spoons being drained against my will.

Just weird!

Post Reply