Page 135 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:19 pm
by Fetian

Maybe they're all pod people


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:53 pm
by erikakaiser

Getting more used to the new schedule! Today I was tired because it was just a busy day -- one thing that is different about first shift is that while each shift has a daily "assigned investigator" who has some additional duties, the assigned investigator on first shift has a LOT of additional duties. That was me today, and it went well, but it kept me busy the whole shift and when I got home I was pretty sleepy.

but!!!

It's mine and Sophie's second anniversary!!!

We have ordered Taco Bell and are gonna watch Babylon 5 and dear fucking god is it a treat to do this without having to take a day off work for it


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:56 am
by erikakaiser

I fell asleep so hard after work when I woke up I thought it was AM, instead of PM, and that I was late for the next day of work


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:04 am
by erikakaiser

Aside from my goofy nap yesterday kinda throwing off my sleep, first week of first shift went well! I am getting accustomed to the routine except for how/when to eat -- I'm finding when I get home at 3:30 PMish I am uncomfortably hungry, which makes it difficult to focus and even more difficult to exercise. But if I eat after I get home then I have to wait to exercise, and I'd really rather just do it as soon as I finish Baby Dog's afternoon walkies. I probably need to eat my lunch later, or bring an afternoon snack, but it's just been a bit awkward to figure out When Hungry since my workday starts at 5 AM now. Anyways, just some kinks to work out!

Today I told myself I was gonna get groceries after work so weekend Erika didn't have to but then it was like 87F and there's lots of people so I...............didn't, which is fine, I'll do it tomorrow morning

h'okay time to space out on ESO for a bit and then walk and feed Baby Dog before hangouts with mek & Dave


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:28 am
by Fetian

Problem-solving attempts under cut, ignore if you don't want people trying to help!

Would it maybe help to bring some kind of juice or other calorie-ful drink to drink on your way home/during walkies? I dunno if that would still interfere with your exercise, but maybe?


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:13 pm
by erikakaiser
mek wrote: ↑Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:28 am

Problem-solving attempts under cut, ignore if you don't want people trying to help!

Would it maybe help to bring some kind of juice or other calorie-ful drink to drink on your way home/during walkies? I dunno if that would still interfere with your exercise, but maybe?

This is legit! Thanks for the suggestion, I nabbed some smoothie/juice stuff when I got groceries to put in a to-go cup and sip while I walk Baby Dog. We'll see if that helps! I think it will since when I get home I more want something on my stomach versus a full meal.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:14 pm
by erikakaiser

Speaking of groceries, I did get them, and tidied up the apartment. I'm not gonna meal prep until tomorrow because groceries AND cooking all in one day is kinda, ehhhhhh, but I have stuff to make burritos and more brekky sammies. I also got some fruit snacks to take into work with me!

I have done ESO chores and now I'm gonna walk Baby Dog for her belated afternoon walk, go on a run, get cleaned up, then it'll be about time to play FF14 with Greggo.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:15 pm
by erikakaiser

hey Erika don't forget you need to do laundry tomorrow or you will be sad about it because your preferred work pants are in there


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:15 pm
by erikakaiser

ah it appears @mek's disruptive classmate was in Wrothgar zone chat this morning arguing morality

Screenshot 2024-09-14 102551.png

I turned zone chat back on because it's handy to get people to help out with WBs or to see if anyone's running a quick Bastion Nymmies (tm) in Necrom, but sometimes I have regrets


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:19 pm
by erikakaiser

Productive day so far!

I did my meal prep, completed a few chores, walked to the library and back to drop off/check out books, leveled up Rex to 13 (this goes on the list for productive things because adding in the new spell stuff to Roll20 is slightly laborious but extremely helpful for smooth gameplay) annnnnnnnnd yeah I guess that's most of it but still!

When I went to the library I traded The Woods All Black (which I will recommend one final time to anyone who wants a quick trans-positive read, with uhhhh I guess so you know what you're in for this is also a monsterfucking book, kinda) for two food-related reads:

Screenshot 2024-09-14 171654.png

So I'll take them to work with me and start chipping away in-between cases. Being on first shift means I can't do outright shenanigans in-between cases anymore, such as playing on my Steam Deck, but I am completely fine with that because I don't like playing video games at work anyways it means I'm bored and want to be at home. Reading is lowkey, though, so I've been doing that!

I also do want to set up more of a firm schedule re: writing/drawing/etc in my planner for next week, since tomorrow is my Monday equivalent and I feel like one week to get adjusted to things is plenty. Time to use the time I have!