Page 136 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:43 am
by erikakaiser

out of context D&D discourse

Screenshot 2024-09-14 194209.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:01 pm
by erikakaiser

I am catching up on news feeds and it looks like, shocker! Mexican Independence Day weekend was a shitshow again!

Screenshot 2024-09-15 085701.png

It's gotten progressively worse in terms of its impact on residents, and while I know the municipal leaders in charge of traffic/closure decisions want me to be angry at the revelers, they're not the ones closing off streets willy-nilly! To explain, Mexican Independence Day is a big party weekend in Chicago, with a parade and a few other events. Young'ens like to dress their cars up with Mexican flags and drive in big caravans honking and doing the most:

Screenshot 2024-09-15 085108.png

and like sure if you live downtown my understanding is the fireworks and cars into the wee hours of the night are A Lot (tm) but the part that becomes a genuine agony and safety issue is Chicago Police, in their infinite wisdom, just start........closing down streets and intersections.

As far as I can tell their goal is to keep everyone downtown, which means it genuinely feels like there is no escape because they quite simply do not care about the enormous population of people who do not live downtown and/or are not actively partying downtown. This is to say nothing of how absurd it is to not let even the revelers disperse, which would alleviate at least some of the burden, since while yeah there's tons of caravans who are gonna zoom around and be belligerent all night, there's also some people who have partied and are now ready to Uber home.

(I can't even imagine the rideshare fees, but I guarantee they're high enough to make someone wanting to make a good decision about drunk driving have to think twice)

On second shift my normal commute home was about 20-25 minutes, sometimes faster, and last year's Mexican Independence Day weekend it took me an hour and a half to get home on both days. It was fucking awful; they say that "residents/workers will have access" but if you try driving up to a blocked exit the police just scream at you to keep driving or to turn around.

like ACAB for all the obvious reasons but also because they're fucking stupid


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:08 pm
by erikakaiser

I had someone tell me "I'm an introverted extrovert" today and I did not comment but man people will just, say words, won't they


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:28 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:27 pm
by erikakaiser

Yet another upside to moving shifts: I can go to the farmer's market on a workday! I went after work just now (w/ Baby Dog in tow because she looooooooooves the farmer's market, she plants her feet and gets mad when we leave) and got two pounds of heirloom tomatoes. I'm gonna use some on sandwiches and the others in a feta and tomato pie this weekend!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pm
by erikakaiser

Long week at work so yesterday I was absolutely shellacked by the time I got home. I did manage to get groceries afterward but by the time I did that, got those put away, made dinner, and sat down, I had no brain cells left. I hung out in party chat w/ the Toes and bounced back-and-forth between like four different video games before admitting I had no gas left in the tank and going to bed fairly early. I slept quite a bit and feel better this morning, so it was a good call!

Today I need to:
clean the kitchen cuz it's a bit of a bachelor wreck
do some meal prep (tomato pie!!!!) oh shit I need to get the pie crust outta the freezer I'll do that right after this
exercise
stay silly

I just sat for a bit w/ coffee to do ESO dailies so lemme go ahead and exercise since I'm getting the himbo fidgets


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:59 pm
by erikakaiser
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pm

Today I need to:
clean the kitchen cuz it's a bit of a bachelor wreck
do some meal prep (tomato pie!!!!) oh shit I need to get the pie crust outta the freezer I'll do that right after this
exercise
stay silly

adding:

laundry
go to the corner store to get bread because I forgot bread yesterday RIP


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:47 pm
by erikakaiser

YouTube has started pretty regularly giving me two minute ads at the start of videos and it's annoying enough to make me watch less videos, because I load up something in the background and immediately bounce off


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:53 pm
by Fetian

The ad frequency and length has gotten So bad

And it keeps saying 'fewer ads for this longer video' but it's just not true?? It's still popping ads every five minutes, what is it talking about


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm
by erikakaiser

me: I would like to watch a Gab Smolders Let's Play in the background while I cook
YouTube: here is a mandatory two minute ad about a crochet kit
me: okay Spotify lo-fi it is, then