Page 138 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:05 pm
by erikakaiser

My back is also in a lot of pain today and I probably need a steroid shot but I am going to pretend I don't and that a good night's sleep will fix me


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:08 am
by erikakaiser

By Talos this can't be happening


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:08 pm
by erikakaiser

Still struggling with Bad Sleep (tm), but I did tell my headshrinker doc and he prescribed me some meds to help. They should arrive in the next few days and then I'll give them a trial run on my weekend, since I am not enough of a fool to take drowsy-inducing meds for the first go on a day sleeping through my alarms would cause problems.

Otherwise I'm chugging along! I feel like I have more to say but it's buried under tired, so I'm gonna finish cleaning the kitchen (I was good and made a proper dinner, but it did create dishes) and then do my ESO dailies while I try to remember how to think


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:06 pm
by erikakaiser

I found a YouTube channel where a Nice Lady (tm) grooms animals and kinda talks through her process and it's just generally nice and soothing and she's very focused on the animal's comfort (i.e. trying to balance not making a fractious cat freak the absolute fuck out with still getting matted fur taken care of, etc) but like

Screenshot 2024-09-30 170348.png

I'm sorry seeing cats in the tantrum sock is so fucking funny every time


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:06 pm
by erikakaiser

Also made me realize how tough it can be on a cat who is elderly/has medical issues and isn't able to self-groom, since I think a lot of people (myself included, as a dog owner) assume cats don't have issues with that and turns out they can get really itchy and matted and uncomfy


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:06 pm
by erikakaiser

Double also, didn't realize Persians/flat-faced cats aren't able to groom themselves appropriately (per this groomer, I am not a smushface cat expert but it does make sense)


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:30 pm
by erikakaiser

I'm torn between wanting to try a simple drawing/prompt challenge to kick me back into drawing, and bouncing immediately off that idea because I often don't have the gumption to finish challenges like that and feel bad for not doing so

I actually have been drawing a good bit but have reached a point where every time I pick up my tablet I don't know what I want to draw, and end up fussing until I lose interest, so maybe some prompts aren't a terrible idea I dunnoooooooooooo


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:00 am
by Fetian

I keep! Meaning! To do the prompt thing we were doing and I just have not had the energy to do it on top of all the everything else. I really want to do that though


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:04 pm
by erikakaiser

I am revoking the word "twink" from like 90% of the population, you can have it back when you stop calling literally every masc person that


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 5:04 pm
by erikakaiser
Fetian wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:00 am

I keep! Meaning! To do the prompt thing we were doing and I just have not had the energy to do it on top of all the everything else. I really want to do that though

SAME the spirit is willing but the body is sleepy