Page 149 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2024 1:25 pm
by erikakaiser
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Thu Nov 21, 2024 1:21 pm

She's acting a lot more like herself, attitude and all,

this includes being sent home w/ wet food, which I mixed with her dry food as instructed, and she promptly ate off all the wet food and spit out her dry kibble like sunflower seed shells


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2024 9:42 pm
by Fetian

I'm so sorry, that's rough and a very hard decision to make. I admire you for being able to put Baby's happiness and wellbeing above everything else, and I deeply hope the mass is benign and doesn't cause her any pain


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2024 9:43 pm
by Fetian

I'm glad you have the opportunity to make the end of her life special and happy, if that is what it turns out to be


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2024 7:23 pm
by erikakaiser

Thank you! It was nice to have her home and feeling better last night; she's done with her fluid therapy for now, with just a check-up tomorrow after work. Once the pancreatitis is fully healed we'll be back to business as usual and just keeping an eye on her for any changes.

I am, predictably, exhausted and emotionally drained even after going to bed early last night, so I'm eager to get home and rest a bit more


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2024 7:26 pm
by erikakaiser

Also there's no polite way to say this but her prescription wet food, which is her primary diet for the next few days, gives her frankly horrifyingly toxic farts. I woke up at like 2 AM thinking she had gone potty in my bedroom but no

Snoring and cozy and tootin'

🥴


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2024 11:35 pm
by erikakaiser

okay!

Baby Dog had her follow-up vet appointment and it went well, she's basically cleared re: pancreatitis and back to "just bring her back if she acts weird again" with some additional medications/instructions/etc. She continues to act like her normal happy tootin' self; the pancreatitis was making her extremely miserable and lethargic, which was hard to see. The mass on her spleen is just a thing that we know exists, now, and otherwise she goes about her business until, well, she doesn't, anymore.

Due to the emotional and scheduling chaos of the past few days, my apartment has gotten kind of a mess, so I've tidied + cleaned floors + started laundry. I need to do dishes, too, but I'm gonna sit and eat and chill a minute first


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 1:44 pm
by erikakaiser

Sleepy

Tired, also


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 4:59 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 11:04 pm
by erikakaiser

Feeling super spread thin


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2024 11:21 pm
by erikakaiser

I just get so tired of talking to people, man