Page 158 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2024 3:45 pm
by erikakaiser

Also I have never seen real life people play the game "Red Hands," I've only ever seen it in the Sims and that's the only reason I know that's one of the names for that game, but at one point Ezra and Sophie were being brats to each other and resolved it by playing that game and yelling "I hate you" (affectionate) a bunch

(Ezra won, sorry Sophie, I calls 'em as I sees 'em)


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2024 5:27 pm
by erikakaiser

I have ordered the sealing wax you can put in a glue gun, I am about to League of the Scarlet Pimpernel everything in sight


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2024 12:33 pm
by erikakaiser

Oh my god fuck off already

Screenshot_20241229-063231.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2024 5:28 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2024 10:55 pm
by erikakaiser

Anyone want a weird belated update on personal drama??? no??? TOO BAD

To quote early 2023 Erika in a hidden post:

Prior to that [me and my brother's] last contact was in December of 2021 [...] and prior to that we were radio silent for [...] almost another year. The December contact was my attempt to very politely and subserviently ask if he could please maybe send me a specific family recipe, which he kept not doing. I gave up and he just, never spoke after that.

The recipe in question, I don't think I ever specified, was something we called "coffee cake." This recipe was handwritten in my maternal grandmother's cookbook, which honestly was mostly 1950s housewife recipes, but I had a lot of fondness for a few of them. Most of them I could recreate, or just find outright (the "salmon roll-ups" recipe was a retro one off a Bisquick box), but all I could recall of "coffee cake" was:

1) it was a "poke cake," so you poked holes in the top to let the glaze soak in
2) it was, in fact, glazed, and did not have a crumb topping or whipped topping like a lot of coffee cake recipes do
3) the glaze was maybe coffee flavored (note: it was not), which is why we called it coffee cake; it was in no way otherwise a traditional coffee cake, which is often a very soft cake with aforementioned crumb or whipped topping to eat alongside your coffee
4) it was cooked in a rectangle pan like brownies

Once in a while I would go on my white whale tour and try to find a similar recipe, but never really found anything.

however!!!

My brother's wife, Melissa, occasionally messages me and that's a whole thing I won't go into, but Sophie suggested I ask her about it, since Melissa is more willing to communicate

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

and lo and behold!!! she sent it!!!

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't made it yet, but it looks right (and contains a key step I totally forgot about that may have helped me find it, which is you use a substantial amount of whole oats in the recipe) and uhhhh

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

like I have no words what the honest fuck lmao


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2024 12:15 am
by Fetian

I'm glad you got the recipe!! That's, uh, super weird of your brother though


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2024 10:48 pm
by erikakaiser

I feel like last year I had my shit together more and did more end of the year wrap-up/plans posts but uhhhhhhh

idk I survived, shit was hard, maybe I'll articulate more tomorrow when I'm not beaten down by the work week


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2025 4:24 pm
by erikakaiser
Screenshot 2025-01-01 102350.png

(tupper is the chat bot they use for text roleplay)


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2025 10:46 pm
by erikakaiser

I get the appeal, I really do, but I wish content creators would stop purposefully buying from fast fashion/scam/etc websites (Wish, Temu, Ali Express, and the like) in order to make "what I ordered vs what I got" type videos

It just feeds into the cycle the same way trying purposefully ridiculous "life hacks" or falsified crafting videos feeds into the cycle and I'm tired of it tbh, in the year of our lord 2025 I think we should move on


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2025 10:48 pm
by erikakaiser

I give a pass to creators like Ann Reardon who spend a significant amount of time speaking about how that type of content is bad and that YouTube, in particular, should stop allowing content farms to devalue the platform, but if you're just out here like "lmao I tried to make pants out of hot glue and string because Five Minute Crafts told me to" then go away