Page 159 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2025 10:48 pm
by erikakaiser

Unless you actually can make pants out of hot glue and string in which case, go off


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2025 5:29 pm
by erikakaiser

Nothing has made me more wary of superhero/comic book fans than the people who say they're better than standard dudebro white guys but who are in fact the worst humans I have ever met


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2025 5:39 pm
by erikakaiser

Anyways, my various complaints aside, I've kept busy so far in the new year!

I've been in a mood where I just haven't super felt like sitting down and talking about myself, and I still kinda am, but to recap:

On New Year's Day me, the Toes, and Sophie all watched Return of the King together! It was really nice, and a good way to start off a new year. We'd watched the other two movies (all theatrical cuts because I did not have the energy for extended editions) throughout December, so we've kept a good pace through the plot. I'm able to organize/participate in movie-watching much easier on a first shift schedule, so we started a list of stuff to watch throughout the year. I think The 13th Warrior is next?

I've been exercising and cleaning and dooting around, and working on creative goals.

I miss my dog. I met with a dog to possibly adopt, named Mosby, who is very dumb (affectionate) and sweet. So we'll see!

But, god, I miss my little friend every goddamn day


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2025 10:56 pm
by erikakaiser

Goodreads stats still going strong!

Screenshot 2025-01-05 165136.png

bit less than last year because the cumulative years of being on second shift really caught up with me mid-2024, but I started picking it back up again after that. And anyways, I'm happy with both the amount I'm reading (which is more than zero, and an average of about two books a month) and my current relationship with tracking what I read (which is to not stress about specific goals/amounts, or about having to write reviews and do star ratings). If I read something I like, I talk about it or recommend it to people! If I read something I don't like, I either stop reading it and move on, or I do that but complain about it first!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:02 am
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:04 am
by erikakaiser

I need to find a creative project to work on and get a little unhinged about, I think


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:13 am
by erikakaiser

also the dog adoption didn't work out (amicably) but it did make me realize when I decide to try again, which I think will not be for several months, I want an elderly dog who just likes to hang out and go places. Gimme some crusty old lady pibble who I can wheel around in my wagon and take everywhere with me. She will wear sweaters and I will make her birthday cakes, it will be great


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 2:04 am
by Fetian
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 3:00 pm
by erikakaiser

I do occasionally get jealous of WFH peeps, I won't lie, but overall I prefer and I think do better with work being at work and home being at home.

Obviously my job isn't one you can do from home anyways, but even when I worked in administration and had the occasional option to WFH, I found it to be more stressful than valuable for the times I could, for instance, easily sneak in time theft or go to the gym in the middle of the day. Maybe I'd feel differently if I had a non-supervisory job at that time, because managing people was miserable whether I was on my couch or in my office, but overall I'm happy with the arrangement of physically commuting, working, clocking out, then coming home. I like being a peon!

however

I get so tired of driving!!!!

I drive to work, I drive to scenes, I drive back home. By the time I'm on my weekend the idea of driving anywhere has to be extremely worth it. I'll walk absurdly far just to not drive because goddamn. please. stop. no more driving. save me


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2025 3:01 pm
by erikakaiser

the above rant brought to you by someone mentioning their struggle with WFH is not leaving the house enough (valid) and me realizing I have the opposite issue which is on my off time you have to drag me kicking and screaming to leave my apartment for anything but exercise and necessary errands