Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
also the religious trauma in me is like but what if my personal misery DOES make it better
also the religious trauma in me is like but what if my personal misery DOES make it better
Sophie and I did end up doing some responsibilities stuff, including figuring out what our yays/nays are for an apartment and having them on paper (we're moving in together this year!). here's our Nos:
the little man is .......... it's a long story maybe I'll explain later. Maybe I won't!
anyways after that we played ESO and got a head start into the new Pursuits they have going on. This one's much smaller-scale than the last one, and the final reward is a pretty cute outfit that Rin (Sophie's ESO character) looks genuinely nice in and Two-Sauce (my main ESO character) looks,
actually pretty cute in, there's something about his big burnt tiddy body type that makes him look adorable in femme-intended clothes and let's be honest, I think Two-Sauce's idea of his own gender/gender presentation is just "I am a bosmer" and everything else is trimmings
also tbh I kind of appreciate that Zenimax just made, An Outfit, and didn't have a "male" and "female" version, so the one you get has a bodice cut more often meant for persons w/ booba but like. just wear it or don't
Today is my Saturday equivalent and I do have responsibility stuff to do, but also it's FINALLY above negative degrees enough for me to go on a run so I can get my fukken zoomies out
What does ""garden level"" mean?
Two-Sauce looks fantastic in that
I didn't encounter the phrase until I moved here so I don't know if it's a Midwestern thing or a larger city living thing but "garden level" is an apartment that is partially below-ground, so like where you see the stairs go down here --
and the inside might look like this, with the windows up high so they can see above ground --
While there are probably plenty of lovely garden level apartments, most landlords use it as a churched up word for what means "there is an above-ground entrance to this basement apartment" and underground living is a hard no for both of us, basement apartments get gross from the street and people can just look in as they walk by and you don't get really good natural lighting, the ceilings are low, bluhhhhhhh
Sunday equivalent!
I got spontaneously and weirdly grumpy last night and ended up going to bed a bit early; sleep fixed me up, more or less, but I may take today as a solo chores and projects day just to make sure all of the social overstimulation is out of my system.
oh speaking of social though I should try to schedule another time with The Lads soon, I think they both practiced the ghost hunting game and are better at it so hopefully we can, for once, guess a ghost right. I think we were maybe doing too many things at once, and ruling out things too easily? Like we weren't getting the ghost room correct so when there were no readings or ghost writing we'd mark that off the list, but really we just needed to try in different circumstances. Anyway!! I'd be happy to try again, I got a little impatient with it last time but I think I need to be more of an active participant to alleviate that.
anyway some to-do items for today:
finish GI Joe draft stuff and send to ash (just sent it to him as I was writing this post!)
laundry
clean kitchen
vacuum, clean floors
make the bed because it has become a bachelor nest
finish draft 2 ch 1
and video games in-between that as treatos. At some point I'll either go on a run or do some strength training; my back kinda hurts right now and I did take some ibuprofen so we'll see how that settles out before I shatter into a million pieces like Death Becomes Her
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Thu Jan 23, 2025 3:37 pmfinish GI Joe draft stuff and send to ash (just sent it to him as I was writing this post!)
laundry
clean kitchen
vacuum, clean floors
make the bed because it has become a bachelor nest
finish draft 2 ch 1
Laundry is in the dryer and, bonus points!! I gave myself a fresh headshave, which feels great. I am still unsure if I'm gonna run or not, my back is still a little "ow I'm in my thirties," so I'll sit and play video games a bit and decide officially after laundry's done and put away.
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Thu Jan 23, 2025 3:37 pmI think we were maybe doing too many things at once, and ruling out things too easily? Like we weren't getting the ghost room correct so when there were no readings or ghost writing we'd mark that off the list, but really we just needed to try in different circumstances.
This is more or less my conclusion - we need to verify our findings, not just on our negatives but also our positives (Dave and I multiple times thought we had the right ghost For Sure and then turned out to be wrong when data we thought we had just wasn't correct for some reason). That's, uh, hard! When ghosts are trying to kill you! And you really want to just be getting the data and leaving! But I guess we should be exercising more scientific rigour or something.
My impression is also that we just need more experience with the ghosts, to be able to recognise their behaviour even beyond our little checklists. But yeah, we should all more spooky ghost game together, and also we should Core Keeper again
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Thu Jan 23, 2025 3:37 pmfinish GI Joe draft stuff and send to ash (just sent it to him as I was writing this post!)
laundry
clean kitchen
vacuum, clean floors
make the bed because it has become a bachelor nest
finish draft 2 ch 1
++bonus points for fresh headshave, painting my nails, and doing some misc organization
I ended up going on a walk instead of a run, because my back hurts and to be honest it's the last day of super gross coldness so I'd rather rest so I can go on a long run tomorrow when the air doesn't actively hurt my face. Tomorrow's my Monday and I'm still feeling like I need to recharge a bit more of my social batteries, so I'm gonna work on writing in-between some video games and then try to get to bed at a good time.