Page 172 of 280
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2025 7:45 pm
by erikakaiser
I'm sure smarter linguistic people than me can make smarter arguments about what is and isn't language, but my concern is less with that and more with people wanting their dogs to communicate like humans instead of learning signals their dogs give. the fuck you gonna do with your goofass buttons on a walk, at the dog park, at the vet
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2025 7:47 pm
by erikakaiser
Baby Dog was an incredibly intelligent dog and if I'd done buttons with her I promise she would've just used it to manipulate me into getting either treats or attention (which again can be argued is a form of language, I suppose, but is kinda getting in the weeds of what I'm talking about) and not been remotely interested in using it to express her opinions, even if I thought that was a thing she could reasonably do
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2025 7:48 pm
by erikakaiser
It's not that different than teaching a dog to rattle a bell to go outside and we weren't going around saying a bell tingling was explicit human/dog language for "hey boss I have to piss"
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2025 7:57 pm
by erikakaiser
Also I didn't need buttons to know Baby's opinions, she told me them plenty 
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2025 10:38 pm
by erikakaiser
gonna keep on dancing at the
Screenshot 2025-02-20 131721.png
PINK PONY CLUB
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2025 5:08 am
by erikakaiser
Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2025 5:39 am
by erikakaiser
Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:51 pm
by erikakaiser
My work weekend is changing so to make a long scheduling story short, today would normally be my Monday but is in fact my Thursday, so I just work tomorrow and then have Bonus Weekend + keep that weekend going forward for a few months. Sunday/Monday is a pretty solid weekend rotation in terms of my social obligations, since I have D&D Saturday evenings and often do trials with my ESO guild on Sunday evenings.
Today I am exhausted because I slept very poorly last night and had a bit of a long day at work on top of it, so I'm gonna eat some noodles and play video games. I did exercise, at least, and do need to do a few adulting tasks (refill my meds container for the week, wash dishes), but otherwise can relax.
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2025 12:32 am
by erikakaiser
Small but positive change, I finally got around to switching my default search engine from Google to duckduckgo. I noticed I was starting to use those wretched AI Summaries even though I know they're easily incorrect and pull from sources without ever citing (immoral and also irritating, when I would actually like to see the source in order to read further), and we're gonna nip that behavior in the bud.
Anyways, I am happy with the change! The results feel a lot better and more accurate to what I'm searching for.
It should be noted duckduckgo does also boast of some AI features:
Screenshot 2025-02-21 182957.png
(I don't care as much about what, to my layman's understanding, appears to be a chatbot but anything that summarizes outside information, especially without citing it, is a no from me dawg)
however! you can turn them off, unlike Google's much more aggressive approach, so I'll take it.
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2025 1:28 pm
by erikakaiser
boo rookie mistake, changed weekends but forgot to change my alarms so my normal work alarm went off at 5:00 AM booooooo