The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Sunday equivalent!

Yesterday morning I watched the rest of Gundam 0079 w/ Greggo, so we're finished with that and move onto ....... I had to tab over to Discord and check but 8th MS Team, apparently? I let Greggo pick the order since he's a Gundam superfan and knows the ideal order and I'm only familiar with a few of the shows. 0079 was great, though! I remembered about 60% of it from childhood and it still holds up incredibly well. I'm not sure if we'll end up watching literally all the Gundam shows available but I think we do plan to gradually watch most of them.

After that I exercised, did some chores, and then hung out with everyone playing Corekeeper. We're pretty far in the game I'm playing with the Toes; we've beaten the first three titans and have moved onto the others, and now we're exploring outward and collecting materials to find the other three titans.

Today I was brave and put on Going Places Pants (tm) and actually ran car-involved errands on my day off, which I almost never do because ewww, but my car desperately needed to be run through a wash after surviving another Midwestern winter. I also got a full tank of gas so tomorrow Erika doesn't have to, and as a reward for my suffering stopped at the Asian grocery store to get some goodies! Namely pork buns, which I just ate one of for breakfast.

Later on today I'll exercise, prep my stuff for tomorrow, pay bills, and I'd also like to give my head a fresh shave. Otherwise, video games and writing and chillin'

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Buldak spicy ramen my beloved

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

The fastest way to ensure I never, ever, ever engage with the thing you've recommended to me is to tease me ala "just admit you're never gonna read [book]"

okay. I'll never read it. you win!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

tbh the book in question is one I am a bit stubbornly convinced I will not like as much as people think I will (that Harrowhark book/series) because when people recommend it to me they say I'll love it but then describe a bunch of things that don't sound very interesting to me

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I almost want to get the first book from the library just so I can read it and have a finalized opinion, although clearly I'm not in a great position to give it a fair chance

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Sun Feb 16, 2025 10:45 pm

This is how my day went
Screenshot 2025-02-16 164332.png
spoilering for gross specifics

► Show Spoiler

did I mention we found the head for this? 'cuz CCS brought in their cadaver dog and we found it,

spoilering again for gross specifics

► Show Spoiler
Sorcyress
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:51 pm
Pronouns: They

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Sorcyress »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Tue Feb 25, 2025 12:25 am

tbh the book in question is one I am a bit stubbornly convinced I will not like as much as people think I will (that Harrowhark book/series) because when people recommend it to me they say I'll love it but then describe a bunch of things that don't sound very interesting to me

(I read Gideon the Ninth and thought it was good dumb fun, but nothing more than that --certainly not the Best Thing Ever that many people I know maintain it is. So I'm with you on the "it's fine but overrated" side of things.

Now Murderbot really is as good as everyone says...)

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I went ahead and put a hold on the first book to just try it and get it over with, I'll give it as fair a shake as I can and maybe I'll like it but I think people are doing the thing where they assume I, a queer person, only need "there's gay people in it!" in order to enjoy a media

Like yes I won't lie that does help but I do need to also actually, like it

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

(it's mostly the tone and sense of humor I don't think I'll like tbh, I have had several people joyfully say it's "very tumblr" and as an exhausted thirtysomething that sounds dreadful to me)

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Post Reply