The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I took today as a menty health day off work and I'm feeling a lot better!

I've just been super fatigued lately, the kind where when I get home I'm already mentally ready for bed. I'm sure some of it is emotional but it's also felt physical; I'm just tired, man. Too low spoons for too long, I think. Anyway, I slept in, went on a long run, played some video games, and now I'm about to eat a food and watch some YouTube. After that I do need to run a load of laundry but otherwise will continue to relax!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

hey Sotha Sil, why do your robots have meats

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

yummy :)

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Had D&D on (my) Friday night, which involved combat that Rex got to have a main character moment for because I rolled obscenely well vs. the big boss. Rex is currently a level 14 Fighter (Eldritch Knight subclass) and when I am able to use all his bells and whistles he can attack a frankly ludicrous amount of times in a turn, so I did that since we were fresh off a long rest, and basically every button I hit rolled a nat twenty or above a twenty w/ his strength modifier.

I'm a big proponent of letting the dice fail without being sour about it because you can tell a great story with the mediocre rolls and the failures but sometimes it's fun to be like lmao I absolutely obliterate this bad guy because I am just that cool hell yeah

(this reminds me I keep meaning to look into if there's a way to "automate" Rex's combat stuff w/ roll20, because his hit combos and how many times I press buttons can get a little confusing sometimes and roll20 is pretty robust, if a bit clunky, so I bet there's a way to squish his Eldritch Blast + Stab + Stab base combo into one button)

Anyway, good session!

Yesterday was my Saturday equivalent and it was pretty peaceful, which I needed. I watched some 8th MS Team w/ Greggo and Masque in the morning, then got my chores done + went on a run, and after that I played Minecraft while hanging out with Greggo and Masque some more. Masque started Monster Hunter Wilds so they were mostly in character creation and the tutorial area; they've never played a Monster Hunter game before and it does have a learning curve, so I recommended either dual blades or sword + shield because they're both pretty button mashy and easy to get good combos on. The band all got back on in the evening + Shane to Corekeep, but Greggo got a headache and dipped out early so me, Masque, and Shane swapped to Gears 3 to continue our run. We're almost done! I've waxed about the game being great before but it really is an incredibly well-written portrayal of combat, grief, and whatever part of the human condition that makes us stubborn as fuck.

Today I'm gonna get a few tasks done but mostly chill and try to knock out some creative things. I hope everyone is well!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

another Minecraft tour soon, I've been doing a lot of exploring the Nether and Aether and last night made a lil underground cave for my axolotl friends so there's lots of new stuff

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

what if I walked to the coffee shop around the corner for a fancy coffee

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I don't gravitate towards poly relationships or throuples in fiction but if I see a love triangle advertised that is not solved by either of those things I'm out, man, I don't have time for grown-ups who pine in different directions and don't wanna either set boundaries, smooch multiple people, or otherwise figure some shit out

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Mon Mar 10, 2025 2:08 pm

what if I walked to the coffee shop around the corner for a fancy coffee

I did this! It was ...........fine! I forgot to ask for skim milk and got whole milk and I find whole milk a little gross, so it was not the best chai latte I've ever had, but it was fine and nice to take a lil walk

I have since gone on a nice long run, had a snack, and am about to play video games for a bit

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I wonder why so many horror stories gravitate to dead wives

Like at a quick guess I'm assuming because horror is a dynamic vessel with which to explore grief but why a man's dead wife every time

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Mon Mar 10, 2025 11:40 pm

I wonder why so many horror stories gravitate to dead wives

Like at a quick guess I'm assuming because horror is a dynamic vessel with which to explore grief but why a man's dead wife every time

I am ready for the insurgence of lesbian horror where a woman buys a haunted house because her wife died

the woke agenda

Post Reply