The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I miss my dog

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am at Sophie's which means I am frequently being judged by a creature

PXL_20250314_120311576.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Where'd you get that renaissance painting from

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am back from Sophie's! Ms Whiskey is probably still judging me, though

(she's actually very sweet, just aloof and was anxious because I was there to take Sophie to/from an appointment and then tend to her after subsequent general anesthesia -- nothing bad and it went well, she's fine -- so her mama was Acting Weird and there was a Himbo in the living room to yell at it about)

I have the rest of the day off work, work one day tomorrow because Past Erika thought that was reasonable for some reason, then I have my weekend to recover and prep for an upcoming Masque visit! They're coming to visit me I think the 20th-23rd, I'll have to double-check with them to confirm dates/times, but we're gonna do a bunch of nerd stuff and hang out. It'll be nice!

For now I'm a bit tired from all the Things so I'm gonna sit, ponder a nap, and then catch up on internet stuff and maybe play some Minecraft or something. No thoughts head empty brain go brrrr

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

re: Ms Whiskey, she did get a bit jealous on the first day, because normally she sleeps in bed with Sophie but didn't want to because I was there, so at promptly 6 AM a tiny cat stomped all over me to go sit on her mother's head and purr while glaring at me in a way I can only describe as territorially 😂 Sophie says she doesn't normally do that, so she must've gotten fed up with having her spot taken and was like okay that's ENOUGH

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Also while I was in the hospital waiting room I read a bunch and did, finally, try out goddamn Gideon the Ninth

I did not like it

The evil has been defeated, everyone stop recommending me this book now please

(to be more specific: I did not like the humor, I did not like the dialogue, I am not a fan of banter where people are constantly going "lmao you're a dumb stupid ugly bitch," the worldbuilding was all over the place w/ references to The Office but also like .......... it's a fantasy sci fi???? thing???? idk man it wasn't for me)

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Thanks for taking that bullet because you've also confirmed that I wouldn't like it

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

I did actually try a sample of it not that long ago and felt it had... What people would call "whedonesque" dialogue but what counts as that has gotten so much worse imo than when whedon was doing it at his peak. Quippy, and everyone's voice is too samey

But I only read a couple pages or so, so.

User avatar
knightofcups
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Pronouns: he/him
.oO: lord what fools these mortals be!

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by knightofcups »

You both are echoing my impression of it too, and why i haven’t bothered reading it.

I like quips and banter but… not like that.

★
.how quick bright things come to confusion.
★

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

If reading fanfic has taught me anything it's that people are often way worse at writing banter than they think they are, in fact I think I've complained about this before hang on

Post Reply