Page 177 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2025 12:37 pm
by erikakaiser

I miss my dog


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 12:03 pm
by erikakaiser

I am at Sophie's which means I am frequently being judged by a creature

PXL_20250314_120311576.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 3:27 pm
by Fetian

Where'd you get that renaissance painting from


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 4:44 pm
by erikakaiser

I am back from Sophie's! Ms Whiskey is probably still judging me, though

(she's actually very sweet, just aloof and was anxious because I was there to take Sophie to/from an appointment and then tend to her after subsequent general anesthesia -- nothing bad and it went well, she's fine -- so her mama was Acting Weird and there was a Himbo in the living room to yell at it about)

I have the rest of the day off work, work one day tomorrow because Past Erika thought that was reasonable for some reason, then I have my weekend to recover and prep for an upcoming Masque visit! They're coming to visit me I think the 20th-23rd, I'll have to double-check with them to confirm dates/times, but we're gonna do a bunch of nerd stuff and hang out. It'll be nice!

For now I'm a bit tired from all the Things so I'm gonna sit, ponder a nap, and then catch up on internet stuff and maybe play some Minecraft or something. No thoughts head empty brain go brrrr


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 4:50 pm
by erikakaiser

re: Ms Whiskey, she did get a bit jealous on the first day, because normally she sleeps in bed with Sophie but didn't want to because I was there, so at promptly 6 AM a tiny cat stomped all over me to go sit on her mother's head and purr while glaring at me in a way I can only describe as territorially 😂 Sophie says she doesn't normally do that, so she must've gotten fed up with having her spot taken and was like okay that's ENOUGH


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 11:22 pm
by erikakaiser

Also while I was in the hospital waiting room I read a bunch and did, finally, try out goddamn Gideon the Ninth

I did not like it

The evil has been defeated, everyone stop recommending me this book now please

(to be more specific: I did not like the humor, I did not like the dialogue, I am not a fan of banter where people are constantly going "lmao you're a dumb stupid ugly bitch," the worldbuilding was all over the place w/ references to The Office but also like .......... it's a fantasy sci fi???? thing???? idk man it wasn't for me)


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 11:33 pm
by Fetian

Thanks for taking that bullet because you've also confirmed that I wouldn't like it


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2025 11:36 pm
by Fetian

I did actually try a sample of it not that long ago and felt it had... What people would call "whedonesque" dialogue but what counts as that has gotten so much worse imo than when whedon was doing it at his peak. Quippy, and everyone's voice is too samey

But I only read a couple pages or so, so.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 8:08 pm
by knightofcups

You both are echoing my impression of it too, and why i haven’t bothered reading it.

I like quips and banter but… not like that.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 8:58 pm
by erikakaiser

If reading fanfic has taught me anything it's that people are often way worse at writing banter than they think they are, in fact I think I've complained about this before hang on