Page 186 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 12:19 pm
by erikakaiser

Watched some Babylon 5 with Sophie last night!

We're on the final season which is a bit on-and-off in terms of quality, and currently a side-arc is Garibaldi's relapse. This has resulted in him being drunk in a few episodes and I feel like drunkenness is such a hard thing to act or write, because silly goofy laughing drunk is kind of the ... court jester parody of being drunk? People obvs act all kind of different ways, and alcoholics even moreso, but "lays on the ground and sings a song" feels like a kid playing make believe at drunk

Anyway, I have no point with this, just that being drunk or high is kinda hard to portray believably


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed May 14, 2025 4:42 pm
by erikakaiser
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Tue May 13, 2025 6:42 pm

I have become the person who eats lunch in my car because I am, antisocial

tbh car lunch rules, I get to sit in A/C and eat in absolute silence then go stretch my leggies by walking to the park around the corner


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 11:56 am
by erikakaiser

I've been doing better this week about not just becoming a disassociating blob but now I am physically tired and wish to snork mimimi

Like I'll take physical fatigue over mental fatigue but I don't wanna have to choose


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 12:19 pm
by erikakaiser

hmmmmmmmm I wanna play Minecraft but do I wanna continue my Rex master game or start a new one hmmmmmmm


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 1:49 pm
by erikakaiser
image0.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 5:58 pm
by erikakaiser

Why is Gen Z so goddamn socially clingy: an essay written in-between me flinging my coworkers off me


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 6:10 pm
by erikakaiser

It's probably just a youthfulness thing vs a generational thing, altho I have two young coworkers who do things like have "floor time" while at work, which my millennial sensibilities find abhorrent especially when one keeps wanting to do it RIGHT FRICKIN NEXT TO MY DESK


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu May 15, 2025 6:11 pm
by erikakaiser

(floor time is valid but not an "in the middle of the workplace" activity imho)

Anyway I know I'm antisocial but gotDAMN


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri May 16, 2025 7:50 pm
by erikakaiser

I miss my dog


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri May 16, 2025 9:35 pm
by erikakaiser

I wish I liked Ellipsus better, it is just this side of too ... clunky, or something, for my brain to enjoyably use so far