Page 187 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri May 16, 2025 10:10 pm
by knightofcups

I'm having this issue too. I don't like the way it auto formats, and that i have to go in and change each specific element to get it to look how I like. I like that I /can/ but not that I have to. It just isn't an enjoyable place for me to work. I'm hoping as it develops it'll become easier. I would /really/ prefer to go back to googledocs, but...

Why can't there just be good things that work?


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri May 16, 2025 10:46 pm
by erikakaiser

Yeah, I feel a bit like they're trying to reinvent the wheel and would be more successful if they just leaned into being "Google Docs but without the oppressive AI policy" but as it is I think I'm going to transition away from using it and, man, idk, go back to a hammer and fucking chisel I guess


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 18, 2025 12:25 pm
by erikakaiser

I have learned the lesbian term "teddy bear masc" and while it doesn't quite apply to me, it's adorable and I love it


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun May 18, 2025 9:02 pm
by erikakaiser

Productive day so far!

It's a rest day for my fitness stuff so I focused mostly on chores! I tidied up the bachelor mess that was creeping into the hallway, did laundry, and cleaned kitchen before and after meal prep (+ got groceries first thing, which admittedly was not the plan but when I woke up I realized I was out of coffee). Masque put on the "soup podcast" which is just them hanging out in voice chat while they meal prep, usually soup, and Greggo and I joined to parallel play a bit. Greggo did a few chores and I finished up my own meal prep during that, then actually sat and started a crafting project! I will share more about the crafting project if it is successful, if it's not then shhhh don't worry about it I did nothing

I even shaved my undercut so I'm feelin' fresh!

Anyway, all I really have left going on today is a scheduled thing w/ my ESO guild at 8:30 PM so I think I'm going to make a food, sit and watch some YouTube while I eat it, and decide what I feel like doing after that.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 19, 2025 7:46 pm
by erikakaiser

referencing this predatory scam ad:

image.png
Screenshot 2025-05-19 144539.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 19, 2025 7:50 pm
by erikakaiser

does anyone else get e-mail anxiety? I see I have an e-mail, it is an e-mail I want to read that will not contain bad news (I feel like if it could be bad news the anxiety would make more sense), in fact it contains information related to me getting a tattoo so it is a good e-mail

but I'm like nooooooooooooooooooo I don't wanna look at it noooooooooooooooo

why brain???? why do this


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 19, 2025 8:12 pm
by erikakaiser

read the e-mail. phew. why did that take me like 30 minutes of procrastination


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 19, 2025 11:06 pm
by Fetian

I do get that and I think it's because it's usually a thing I'm going to need to respond to or otherwise act on, so it's adding to whatever workload I already have. It often gets filed into 'deal with later', so I put off looking at it until 'I have time for that'


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed May 21, 2025 10:30 pm
by erikakaiser

Sor reposted something on bsky that is delightful but did make me do a think--

Screenshot 2025-05-21 171703.png

(link to the post on bsky)

--and that think is that I actually had to kind of make myself learn that second image!

I've mentioned before that my relationship with Kylee was poorly enough that, in my anxiety about her judgment and opinions (and the resulting poor treatment of me for crimes that, despite my best efforts, I did not understand and couldn't anticipate), I would even keep some items off my Goodreads so she wouldn't see them. I remember specifically a romance book I refused to let her see, because she had strong (and, to be a bit bitchy, puritanical) opinions about romance novels and I didn't want to go into whether the one I was reading was approved by her or start apologizing in advance for anything she might deem problematic. If she brought up a piece of media, I would very nervously try to draw out her opinion of it before I spoke mine, because if we disagreed I was then put On Trial. Being On Trial meant that I had to perfectly and flawlessly articulate my points or I would be Wrong, and if I was Wrong then I would be Mocked because I am Stupid.

The problem is, a lot of times, when I don't like something???? I just don't, man, it's not to my taste. I spent so long hyper-analyzing media and trying to figure out the exact articulated reason so I could explain to my abuser why I was allowed to have opinions that I had to take specific time learning how to be comfortable saying "oh that's not my jam, glad it exists though" and not owe anyone an explanation. Sometimes my opinion is honestly not much deeper than that, or I am not interested in digging and discussing why. Maybe there are themes that make me uncomfortable or that don't resonate with me, but I am not obligated to give a press conference for every thought in my head so that people on the internet can decide if those opinions are worthwhile or not.

It is nice to analyze why you don't like things, to be clear, and I definitely do so sometimes! But I only do it if I feel like it and it's in discussion with someone I know won't be a giant goddamn dick about it, and after dealing with Kylee for my entire young adulthood isn't that a nice fucking treat


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed May 21, 2025 10:38 pm
by erikakaiser

The romance book was this one btw and it's really cute w/ a bit of the ol' spice, I recommend it if you're into that sort of thing

It is a het relationship which tbh I don't normally fucks with at this point but they're very genuine together and the hook that got me is it's basically a dark elf and a human who each think the other is quite unattractive, but they are nobles set up in an arranged marriage. They're both super cool about it! They each expected to be in an arranged marriage due to their station, admittedly did not expect it to be with a member of another species, and are both polite and understanding about it and treat each other respectfully. One of their first interactions is Brishen, the man, asking Ildiko, the woman (yeah they have really fantasy names), about consummating the marriage and what the boundaries are on that since at that time they're both kinda Ew about each other and can't reproduce, anyways, and I appreciated they just talk about the thing.

then obvs they fall in love and bone down on like every surface in the castle fortress thing they live in