Page 189 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 1:47 pm
by erikakaiser

tbh I'd rather be married to an elephant than the average straight white dude


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 1:54 pm
by erikakaiser
Fetian wrote: ↑Thu May 22, 2025 11:29 am

Fun fact, Babar had a tie-in with Arby's for a bit and was functionally the mascot for the restaurant. I remember an employee in a Babar costume (possibly my sister - I know she worked there at the time but I don't remember if she was the one in the costume or not)

I was curious about this and--

Screenshot 2025-05-24 085304.png

I am too goddamn terminally online to read that last one with a straight face


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 5:42 pm
by erikakaiser
PXL_20250512_222426083.LS_exported_6576_1747096119627.jpg
PXL_20250513_230727042.jpg
PXL_20250524_173850909.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 6:24 pm
by Fetian

Love the hermaeus mora cup

What is dandy jelly like?


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 9:22 pm
by erikakaiser

Dandelion jelly has a floral flavor I would describe as if a light honey were a jelly, instead of honey!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat May 24, 2025 11:29 pm
by erikakaiser

It is wild to me how many word processors do not have what I consider basic functionality, like line spacing


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon May 26, 2025 1:07 am
by erikakaiser

Work is increasing our scene responses in the dumbest and most burdensome possible way (at the moment) and dear god I am exhausted


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 11:41 am
by erikakaiser

Bruh

Screenshot_20250527-063847.png

I do not have strong Lilo & Stitch opinions, aside from that it's a cute movie, but to steal a joke from Sophie I guess ohana means indigenous people give your children to the state and leave the islands

It's very early 2000s attempt at a feminism in media vibes imho, I am sure the thought was "she goes to college to pursue her dream and still gets to spend time with her little sister" but that completely ignores the, everything else


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 12:44 pm
by erikakaiser

I'm gonna scream

Screenshot_20250527-074402.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue May 27, 2025 12:46 pm
by Fetian

I haven't seen the movie, because I have zero desire to see any of the live-action disney movies, but I did look up Tutu because I saw someone implying that the movie ends with Lilo being given to 'a white family'. That does not seem to be true, and also I found this article about the reasoning behind the ending (and the inclusion of the Tutu character in general) and it sounds like their hearts were in the right place, if they may have missed the mark for people. In short the idea is to avoid the 'young woman giving up her life to take care of her little sister alone' message in favour of a 'young woman supported by her community in raising her little sister' message. Probably they could have done better without what sounds like Nani 'giving up' Lilo in the end

ETA would definitely be remiss to not mention the original ending does have Nani raising Lilo with support - just not A Traditional Family Unit like it sounds like they were pushing in this remake (which is, frustratingly missing the entire message of 'a family can be three aliens, two adults, and a child and that's beautiful' message of the original)