Page 197 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2025 10:50 am
by erikakaiser

God I hate renting, literally I move out in a week can you not just wait

Screenshot_20250624-054944.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2025 10:53 am
by erikakaiser

Whoever is coming gets to walk around piles of boxes while I sit on the couch and play video games


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2025 3:07 am
by erikakaiser

I have reached the stage of packing for a move where I want to burn every item I own


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2025 9:46 pm
by erikakaiser

Weekend!

It's coming to a close now and has been kind of a weird one, yesterday I was simultaneously painfully restless and also wanted to do nothing but lay in a pile on the floor like a slug person. I'm a few days away from moving and extremely want to get it over with so I can stop having boxes and items everywhere please and thank you

All things considered I'm like .........98% packed, maybe a little less than that because there's a few odds and ends I'm not really going to properly pack since I am moving one floor down vs. having to pack things that will go into a truck and be transported, so for instance the stuff that's in my fridge I'm just gonna. carry down to the new apartment. That kinda thing, and same with my PC because rather than agonize over gently packing it I'm going to swaddle it in soft things and just wheel it to the new apartment in my wagon.

The basic scheme of maneuver is that on July 1st, which I have off work (but only that day, because I took off for longer the week Sophie moves in, which means the next day at work on the 2nd I'm going to be miserable but AH WELL), I'll wake up, probably fret and anxiety fiddle a lot, then at 9:30 I have to go get the keys to the new place. I'll plan to grab that right away then go ahead and start moving stuff in advance of the movers arriving at noon, who I have hired mostly to handle furniture &tc because I am in my thirties and would rather pay people to avoid back pain and/or having to conscript someone into service trying to squeeze a couch down a hallway.

After that there's a lot more logistics (I get Ms Whiskey, Sophie's cat, in advance of Sophie actually moving, and then have to prep for Sophie arriving, etc) but my move stuff will be done on the 1st and then I will never move again ever, except I will because.........................renting


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2025 9:48 pm
by erikakaiser

oh! I did go for another shift at the animal shelter this morning, which was nice. After the move I'm going to start signing up for their dog-walker training program so I can get approved to dog walk for them!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2025 11:54 am
by erikakaiser

dawn of the final day dot png


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 3:28 pm
by erikakaiser

Moving has happened!

On Tuesday I drove to the stupid dumb leasing office to get my key, which was annoying and required unnecessary steps, and then started moving some things between the apartments while I waited for the movers. The movers arrived around 11:30 and were done in about two hours, at which point I scrambled to get boxes moved out of the way and had to of course run to the store for a specific cable I needed to get wifi working.

The next day (yesterday) I worked and then after work cleaned up the old apartment before turning in the keys, which I'm a little nervous about because there's lots of little holes in the walls from pictures, etc. Easily fixable with spackle and paint, which tbh they should be repainting after a tenant has stayed somewhere four frickin years, but I'm anxious they'll be weird about it idkkkkk

Anyway, I'm at work again today and plan to sit the fuck down and rest a little before unpacking more, I feel extremely my age after two days of physically intense moving and cleaning


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 7:48 pm
by erikakaiser

I am crashing harddddd and foresee a nap in my future once I get home from work


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2025 11:56 pm
by erikakaiser

Nap was unsuccessful because I got too restless, despite my fatigue, but I did rest for a minute while I waited for food to arrive (pastrami and blue -- bleu? -- cheese sammich). After I ate I unpacked a bit while hanging out with Sophie in voice chat, and now I'm waiting to Supermarket Together with the Toes and honestly just space out (affectionate) for a while.

Tomorrow I'll untackle unpacking stuff in a more serious way, particularly because the day after is the day I go get Ms Whiskey, but for now.....................................rest


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2025 2:12 am
by erikakaiser

Fireworks >(