Page 202 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 8:51 pm
by erikakaiser

As someone whose Tragic Backstory has resulted in me having an often scorched earth relationship with past friends/acquaintances (meaning, I have either deliberately or accidentally burnt almost all of my bridges-- I do not keep up with anyone I served in the military with on purpose and same with my retail job while I was school-going, I was homeschooled and have no traditional high school friends, I went to evening college as a busy adult and made no college friends, I nuked the site from orbit re: my own family, etc etc), I just had the fascinating experience of catching up with someone I hadn't spoken to in many years, realizing we don't have much in common anymore, and that being a fine and normal thing

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

anyway just kind of a nice human experience to be like hey! we used to connect deeper, now we don't, that's okay and have a great time


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 11:31 pm
by erikakaiser
Screenshot 2025-07-26 174301.png

The man and mer races get all the lore and a lot of the quest/etc attention for all the reasons you'd expect but imho the Argonians hands down have the most interesting worldbuilding in Elder Scrolls, probably followed by the Khajiit


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2025 11:35 pm
by erikakaiser

Altmer lore mostly boils down to they absolutely cannot stop themselves from doing necromancy meanwhile the Argonians are out here like we are lizards but also probably a tree whose existence is so difficult to parse it is basically in the fourth dimension

also the Hist says trans rights

image.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 1:50 am
by Fetian

The Hist says trans rights but also is a little homophobic


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 12:01 pm
by erikakaiser

Yeah ESO gets like...... 80% there with queer representation

I appreciate the 80% but,


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2025 12:02 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2025 5:04 pm
by erikakaiser

Watched @Dax Webster play some Dune last night! It was fun to hang out with him and to get the Dax Tutorial (tm) of the game, which is up my alley in a lot of ways (open-world exploration, survival crafting) and adamantly not in others (real-time base degradation, other players can exist in obnoxious ways you can't limit or control). I decided it's ultimately Not For Me but it was fun to watch and I wouldn't mind watching Dax stream it again!

Today I called off work because I caught Sophie's head cold thing she's been struggling with for the past few days and I feel like butts, so interspersed with occasional zoomies to clean and do a few projects I've been taking it slow this morning.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 1:24 pm
by erikakaiser

The social media trend of artists slooooowly rotating a canvas or tablet towards the camera to show their art activates my "how dare you try to control my time" and I always skip the video


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2025 6:18 pm
by Fetian

I'm not familiar with this one, is it just to increase watched time for the algorithm?


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2025 12:19 pm
by erikakaiser
Fetian wrote: ↑Wed Aug 13, 2025 6:18 pm

I'm not familiar with this one, is it just to increase watched time for the algorithm?

I think the trend is just called "painting reveal" and sometimes it's quite reasonable (turn is slow because canvas is big and heavy, or they turn at a normal speed) but sometimes they literally hold it for a few seconds at the halfway point to trigger anticipation (I assume?) but I am a stubborn ass so it just makes me refuse to look at their art 😂