Page 206 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2025 2:02 am
by Fetian

oh.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2025 11:15 am
by erikakaiser

Like I get it was made ages ago and I enjoy plenty of Hm content (Vampire Hunter D) so it's not even a judgment statement but I watched (specifics in spoiler)

► Show Spoiler

Like is Hideo Kojima a visionary or just a kinda pervy man and gamers have trouble telling the difference

Anyways I don't think I wanna perceive, especially knowing how much other uncomfy content there is (Raiden getting felt down to "make sure he's a man," notably not the only time that happens to a character in Metal Gear Solid as a franchise, lowkey haunted me as a teen trying to play the cool stealth game I got on sale at Blockbuster)

It's not even a triggered/trigger warning thing I'm just a femme in my 30s and too fucking old for this shit in year of our lord 2025


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2025 12:58 pm
by erikakaiser

WIP!

image.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2025 1:11 pm
by erikakaiser

https://www.endlessmode.com/article/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-encapsulates-the-broken-aaa-game-cycle
I'm only partway through this article so can't fully endorse it yet but this is an interesting thought:

Screenshot_20250909-080832.png

I think one of the reasons I'm drawn to a lot of indie and cozy gaming right now is how exhausted I am of AAA titles holding my little baby hands through every single mechanic and plot point, and with a refusal to let me be Naked and Afraid for a bit

(And I don't mean in the edgelord nothing gets explained Elden Ring way, either)

Like please just let me fuck around and find out a little bit


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2025 8:00 pm
by erikakaiser

Everybody's got the right to some sunshine


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2025 9:52 pm
by Fetian

It could have happened to a better man but the pool is pretty small


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:31 am
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:36 am
by erikakaiser

I! am!

extremely ill!

There's a bug going around my workplace and I've definitely caught it, I'm frankly the sickest I can remember in a long time ft. muscle fatigue, weakness, cough, etc. I was so dizzy and tired that last night Sophie and I were working on our junk journal together, which we usually stand to do (our "craft desk" is a tall fold-out kinda deal), and I had to get a stool to sit down. Unpleasant stuff!

I put myself to bed pretty early and woke up after about three hours feeling uncomfy, so I took some NyQuil and sat under a hot shower for a bit. I tried to play Animal Crossing until my eyes got heavy but I got distracted by being spontaneously Extremely Hungry, which I feel is a good sign? so I nabbed a lunchables from the fridge. I use those for my work lunches on lazy days, but in this case it was easy to nab as a meal that doesn't make any noise to prepare since obviously Sophie, who has work tomorrow (well, later today, it's past midnight), is quite asleep.

I am eating said lunchables now (it's the nachos one!) and then will attempt to put myself back to bed.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:45 am
by erikakaiser

in spite of my illness though, yesterday was mine and Sophie's three year anniversary and it was lovely!

We celebrated by making Swedish meatballs (well, due to my assumed contagiousness I opted out of food prep and sat in the hallway keeping Sophie company, although I did clean the kitchen after since she did all the work) and watching an animated movie of her favorite sci-fi show. She had not seen it before and was, in fact, waiting on us to finish our joint-watch of the original show before doing so. A few months ago we watched the series finale and then the last of the movies I care to see (there's a few others but even Sophie, a Babylon 5 superfan, says they're not very good and better to skip unless you want to be Extremely Thorough, which I had no huge urge to do), so this was kinda our overall finale!

I enjoyed it! It's definitely a movie made for fans of the show, and most importantly Sophie loved it and all its big emotions and tributes to some of the now-deceased actors from the original show. It was extremely earnest, which I appreciate in any media, and as someone who isn't inherently a huge animated media fan, I thought the art style and expressions looked great.

After the movie we worked on aforementioned junk journal until I crashed and went to bed. It was nice! I wish I hadn't been sick for it but still enjoyed myself, and it turns out it's nice to spend a day with the person you love, celebrating that love.


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2025 5:46 am
by erikakaiser

h'okay I have eaten a food and taken care of myself as best I can, gonna try to go back to bed