Page 215 of 280

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2025 1:20 pm
by Fetian

We didn't know him, Horatio 💀


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2025 1:06 am
by erikakaiser

I drew my gay sons please perceive

Gay_Fish.png

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2025 1:07 am
by erikakaiser

I've started choosing colors more deliberately (and for my last two drawings or so have been actively using a technique to make a palette of similar tones or whatever the correct verbiage is) and it's made a huge difference in cohesiveness

in this one I tried to color Merillian with cool tones and Rex with warm tones, I think it comes across!


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2025 2:59 pm
by erikakaiser

I am so tired and the main thing that's making me tired will not be alleviated until next spring so that's, exhausting


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2025 3:05 pm
by erikakaiser
2025102119065400_c.jpg

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2025 10:20 pm
by erikakaiser

I see this as art advice all the time and do not comprehend it

55816f8d6ded7f2d627f2662e5e1ebae.jpg

Admittedly I have tritanomalous vision but also what does it. Like. What does it mean. Forehead yellow why


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2025 10:38 pm
by Fetian

I found the source for that here: https://www.swatchesacademy.com/post/us ... -portraits

But that's talking about a specific use for a general concept and I can't find information on the general concept ("skin map") anywhere. It seems to be something about how light reflects off of parts of the face at different colour temperatures? Or something? The post seems to be saying that you can map out those colours onto a face and then lower the opacity and it will look more realistic than just shading the skin tone like the face is all one colour, which makes sense because faces aren't all one colour and the different planes and angles will affect the lighting/shading. But I don't think just that graphic without any context is, at all helpful in any sense??


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2025 11:07 pm
by erikakaiser

The art I'm currently working on is a forward-facing portrait so maybe I'll try one without a color map and one with and see if it makes any sort of difference at all? My faces aren't very skilled/detailed yet but they're face-shaped enough to give it a try


Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2025 9:33 pm
by erikakaiser
  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2025 10:01 pm
by erikakaiser

I think the vibes tonight are make a blanket nest and play Chrono Trigger on Steam Deck