I've been curious about nalbinding for a while, and in particular lately I have been craving some kind of like, constructive fidget to be doing with my hands while watching/listening to things, so I decided to use a little of the money dad gave me at last visit to get a needle and a couple hanks of yarn. And they arrived today!
So I spent some of today practicing that, but also a hefty chunk of the day trying to undo the absolute mess I made out of one of the hanks as I was winding it into a ball. I am not done with that, actually, and will be continuing to try to put that to order for. A while.
But I nalbound a chain, and undid it, and redid it, and undid it, and redid it, and I also nalbound a shape. Kind of an oval. I can already tell you the most annoying thing about this practice and it's similar to the most annoying thing about embroidery, which is that you need the material you're working with to be short enough to pass entirely through your project with each stitch, and that means that you run out of it pretty quickly and have to add more to the end of it. I have been working with a length of yarn about three times the length of my forearm and I feel like it runs out after like ten minutes of nalbinding. But longer and it gets annoying to keep the yarn out of the way while I work
I also think I would prefer a slightly shorter needle, but this one is fine for now
On the other side of things, I picked up the basic stitch really quickly and it's nicely mindless. A good choice of craft for me I think
Another thing that arrived today was Oz's new food, and she has been eating it! I've been mixing it in with her old food to transition between them, but I don't think I'll have to do that any more tomorrow, touch wood. The wet food was not in the package, so I still don't have any of that for her and I'm a little concerned because that package didn't have any tracking. So I was kind of hoping that it had just ended up in the same package as the dry food, but no such luck. I ordered that the 15th, so I guess I'll give it until next week before I ask them what the heck.
&nsbp;
Alright, going to go watch things and nalbind some more shapes. I don't really know how I'm supposed to be conjugating that, but I have seen 'nalbound' being said so I'm just going to extrapolate and assume I treat it like 'bind'