Page 435 of 440

Re: Promiseland

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2026 8:11 pm
by Fetian

I think it's telling how many people don't know what Labor Day is for


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:26 am
by Fetian

I am BEGGING people making videos to learn how to turn autofocus off on their cameras


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 6:26 am
by Fetian

Video of you drawing something? Super cool and I'd love to watch it but the camera keeps focusing on your fuCKING HAND


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 2:22 am
by Fetian

Back from the emergency vet with Oz. They couldn't help us at a price we could afford so they sent us home with fluids and nausea meds

She's anemic. Very suddenly weak in her hind legs but frankly otherwise in pretty good spirits. Appointment with a regular vet in two days, we'll see what they say about treatment.

She's alert. Following me around, yelling for food. She's eating ravenously. I'm going to switch to majority wet food, she's eating it better than the dry

Oz is a fighter. This isn't the first time people didn't think she was going to make it. God willing it won't be the last.


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 2:20 pm
by Fetian

Realised last night that they didn't offer anything other than the $8000 blood transfusion plan, like for example testing for any of the "so many" possible causes of the anemia


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 5:41 pm
by Fetian

God I'm worried she won't make it to tomorrow


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 7:12 pm
by erikakaiser

$8k is insane as the only option for care, holy shit


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:11 pm
by Fetian

Made the decision to lyft to the vet and get her seen today. There now, hope to god they can help her


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 11:58 pm
by Fetian

Okay. Okay! A lot gone over. Prognosis is "we're not out of the woods" but I've been given a few more meds for her that will hopefully help. Something for the anemia that will apparently turn some of her muscle tissues into tissues that produce red blood cells? Biology is wild. Got a little history lesson on what they did before that was invented, which was apparently give cats human erythropoetin and hope it worked. Glad we're past that

(Got a 'you're probably too young to remember Lance Armstrong' during the history/biology lesson and I wonder how old he thinks I am that I wouldn't remember something that happened in 2012)

And fluids, which we have to administer by needle every other day and I'm so glad I can rope Lee in to help with that. And something to reduce her phosphates which I think he believes is the cause of the balance issues, possibly. He was not concerned with her high calcium, or rather his opinion was 'it's not that high'. He was a little concerned about signs of an infection but opted not to give her antibiotics on top of all these other changes. He did also ask if the emergency vet gave her antibiotics and when I said they sent us home with fluids when we couldn't pay $8000 for a blood transfusion he went "Come on guys!!" and then he, I, and the tech all shat on the VCA for a bit.

Supposed to bring her back in to get her blood cells counted after she runs out of the anemia med, and before that we're still due to get her blood tested for the methimazole change. She's due that around the 26th and the anemia med will run out about a week and a half later, so maybe we can do them at once? Not sure if that's too long a wait

I think that's about it. Dr. Les didn't bring blood transfusions up at all. And he seems confident we can help her. I hope he's right.

The fluids alone seemed to have helped, actually, when she got back home she was walking more like she was yesterday. She's sleeping now, and I don't blame her


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 12:00 am
by Fetian

Today I have had: a glass of milk

Also I barely slept