Page 436 of 440

Re: Promiseland

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 1:11 am
by Fetian

Also the exam and all the medications come to less than $300


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 5:49 am
by Fetian

Worried worried worried worried worried


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2026 10:41 pm
by Fetian

Phos-bind arrived a bit ago and I've given her a dose of it with her baby food. That means I have all of the meds she's supposed to be getting, and hopefully they help her feel better. She's still declining, can barely stand and I had to help her go to the bathroom earlier. She's alternating between eating and sleeping, but she is eating and when she's awake she's alert. My most pressing worries are that her heartbeat and her breathing are both hard at times. The heart I am given to understand is due to, or partially due to, the dehydration, so Lee is helping me squirt water in her mouth every couple-few hours to try to get her hydrated, because she's shown no interest in drinking water normally. I'm also adding a little water to her already wet food

It was a very rough night and morning, interest in food went down but I'm hoping that's just because she was tired. And then at one point today she ate so much I think she hurt her stomach. She is also cleaning herself -- not a thorough grooming but after she goes to the bathroom she cleans her butt (after I've had a chance to wipe it for her myself) and she cleans her face and paws sometimes after eating.

I hope the medications can help her feel better soon. I know instantly is too much to hope for, but. So long as she's eating, so long as she's aware of her surroundings, so long as she's going to the bathroom, I have hope. God let her get better.


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 3:41 am
by Fetian

It's hard and scary to let her rest, but if she's going to get better she needs rest to do it


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 5:22 am
by Fetian

Anemic cats on this medicine show improvement after a week, but the study also seemed to only check after a week


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 5:43 am
by Fetian

More caffeine might have been a mistake

 
Anxiety


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 8:01 am
by Fetian

"So what I know now is that dogs and humans have different skeletons."


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 10:50 am
by Sorcyress

hugs and hopes for Oz

Something going around --Nigel had to take a visit to the vet the other day after a couple days of lethargy and not eating. He's fine, albeit on antibiotics for a bit and wearing a cone. I hope Oz bounces back as well as he has.


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 8:42 pm
by Fetian

Yesterday was so so so so scary, Oz was so weak she could barely move, couldn't hold herself upright at all, I had to carefully position her when I laid her back down so her limbs weren't in a position I thought might hurt her. I had to help her go to the bathroom, taking her to the litterbox and holding her upright while she went, and at one point I stepped out of the room and didn't come back in in time to help her so she peed where she'd fallen in her attempts to get to the box.

But when I woke up today she had moved herself just off the side of my bed and was sitting up on her own. She's still very tired, but she's getting up and moving around occasionally, in particular she made it to the towel next to my bed (where she eats, when she's not sick) to poop.

She hasn't eaten yet today and seems nauseated when I offer, so that's concerning. She's also still not drinking water on her own, so I'm using a syringe to squirt some into her mouth every couple hours. Tonight, Lee and I will give her subq fluids which will hopefully help a lot, and she is eating baby food when it's offered so she's taken her phos-bind and methimazole today.

I hope she continues to feel better


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2026 11:23 pm
by erikakaiser

Subcutaneous fluid helped Baby a lot! It would be like night and day difference sometimes w/ her lethargy.

Good thoughts @ you and Oz