Mom brought her home in a bucket, in 2010. I was just about to move in to an apartment with Jake, and mom said every home needs a cat, so this was my housewarming present.
She was so small and so starved that everyone told me not to get attached. I fed her kitten formula for a few days and then she transitioned easily to solid food. She was so food insecure she would growl if you touched her food while she was eating, but she never attacked over it. She growled the way most cats hissed, and only picked up hissing when Jake got a cat, Luna.
She wasn't very fond of being pet, but accepted them in a way that said to me she knew how important they were to me. After you were done petting her she would immediately clean herself to get her scent back in order. She followed me everywhere, spent all of her time with me, until I moved in with Lee and Erik and that specific cat situation made it impossible.
She didn't like cuddles except on her terms. She would decide she wanted in my lap with singular determination, expression focused, and she would put herself there regardless of if there was anything in her way. She liked sleeping next to me, her back tucked a little under my leg.
I would give her catnip by holding the container, and she would hold my hand and rub her face all over the opening. For a while, I could throw a treat and get her to find it by hotter/colder. We would play catch, tossing a hair band at her and she would grab it out of the air.
She trusted me implicitly. I would take her to the vet and she would come back like she knew I wouldn't do that to her unless it was necessary.
She saved my life. She got me through hell. I'm going to miss her so so so so so god damn much.
I don't know if pets can reincarnate, but I hope she finds her way back to me some day. I hope she gets some rest and comes back when she's ready.
She's my sweet baby girl. I love her. I hope she's okay.