Re: Promiseland
I don't need a bunch of 'it's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything' comments. It feels just as bad for her death to have been a senseless inevitability as it does for it to have been the result of some mistake I made
I don't need a bunch of 'it's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything' comments. It feels just as bad for her death to have been a senseless inevitability as it does for it to have been the result of some mistake I made
I want my cat back
She kept the end of her tail curled at all times, possibly it had gotten broken when she was very young, before I got her, or possibly it was the same nutrient deficiency that made her a little bow-legged, or maybe she got an extra dose of the domestication gene. I would hook my fingers through the curl and gently hold her tail like we were holding hands
Went out to get frames for the pictures of Oz, and also while taking care of her I dropped and broke the food bowl she'd been eating out of and I wanted to fix that with some colored glue or resin as a kind of kintsugi. I want to try to match the color of her eyes. They didn't have two-part epoxy glue but I got some resin inks, so I'll order the glue from somewhere and then I can do that.
When I got home there was a card in the mail for me from the vet office with some kind words and a little baggie with her pawprint and some of her fur. A note from the vet says a separate letter is coming, he had too much to say for a card
There was also another water shutoff notice (every 3-4 months)
While heading out and coming home we saw some 'PLANT SALE ->' signs around the neighbourhood, so when we got back I followed them until I found the sale. Most of the plants were already sold, but I picked up a fishbone cactus and what I'm remembering the woman as saying was a 'cherry gardenia' but I can't find that on the internet now, I'll have to use my phone to identify it when it's charged. She also threw in a succulent for free, which I've given to Lee.
I have been playing through Silent Hill F, I think I'm about halfway now? Finally got past the bit I was stuck on. I've also been playing Bus Simulator while watching youtube or listening to podcasts.
|I had a dream the other night that I was dying and it was kind of a relief.|
The mystery-ish plant is a jersualem cherry, or winter cherry, per the internet. Both these plants want lots of bright but indirect light, so I'll need to figure out places for them. For the fishbone cactus I'm considering a hanging pot in my room, but the jerusalem cherry I want outside so no cats can get to it. Honestly with my roses might be an option, they get a lot of tree cover these days. But I'd kind of like it by the pool. Maybe I'll put it somewhere in its pot for a few days and see how it's looking before I commit
One week
Beat a first playthrough of Silent Hill f uhhhh I think it was yesterday, days are blending together a bit. Unfortunately it turns out that multiple playthroughs are required to get all the story, so I'm actually only half done with it. I have mixed feelings about this, but they're a bit less mixed since actually starting a second playthrough and finding out that there's more differences to new game plus than just whatever ending you get. Actually, knowing it was written by the guy who made Higurashi and Umineko, it makes sense for there to be a bit of a pseudo-timeloop vibe to it. I just don't like what I did being called a complete playthrough with an ending when it isn't
I'm also reading more Higurashi. I'm around halfway through the playlist I have for it, so still quite a bit to go
I'm in a routine right now of getting one or two tidying things done in a day, and then spending the day playing video games or whatever. It could certainly be worse. Today I took the new plants out by the pool -- I think the corner by a bench we have is a good spot, the fences there mean that it gets shade basically all day. I watered them, and we'll see how they look in a few days. If they're not miserable, I'll plant the jerusalem cherry there, and I have some soil and a hanging planter coming on wednesday. Also coming is two-part epoxy glue to kintsugi Oz's bowl with, and a support for one of the roses that fell over ages ago that I've been meaning to put upright again
Working on tidying things is good. I always want photos of y'all's plants and yard when you have the capacity to take them.
I like the idea of kintsugi-ing the bowl with green for her eyes.
We're finally out of that shitty fucking September
Well I fucked up the kintsugi attempt, because I couldn't get all the pieces together before the resin hardened. I have an idea for trying again but now a couple of the pieces don't quite fit together because there's bits of resin stuck to the edges, so. I'm feeling very sad about fucking it up.