Page 440 of 440

Re: Promiseland

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:53 pm
by Fetian

I miss her


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:56 pm
by knightofcups
Fetian wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:24 pm

I have an idea for trying again but now a couple of the pieces don't quite fit together because there's bits of resin stuck to the edges, so.

i feel like there should be some kind of solvent that can get it off. I’ll look into it.


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:14 am
by Fetian

I think I mentioned that the vet office sent me a card with Oz's fur and pawprint, and messages from several of the office staff, and that the message from the vet himself mentioned sending another letter. That other letter arrived a couple days ago -- it was a card, also with a thoughtful message inside, though I think he felt he had more to say than he ended up actually putting in the card. It's what you'd expect from a condolences message. I've written a couple thank-you letters to mail to both him and the office, though the household is apparently out of stamps so I'll have to go to the post office on Monday and get them in the mail then. (The last time I ordered stamps online they took months to arrive and I don't want to wait for that, obviously)

I need to decide if I have any loyalty to this office. They're all very nice, there, and Dr. Les was the only person aside from myself who believed we could save Oz, and I appreciated a lot having him in our corner even if we failed. Their costs are also very reasonable for a vet, I think. On the other hand, they are quite far away and one of the issues I ran into is that Dr. Les works like two days a week, which made it difficult to see him while Oz urgently needed to be seen. They're also not open on weekends. And, of course, there is the issue that we did not save Oz and I worry that there are elements of the care she received there that contributed to that

Right now would be a good opportunity to sort of shop around for vets, with Cael, if I wanted to do that. But I don't know if I do. I mean, I definitely don't, but I don't know if I want to do it more or less than I want to stay with Dr. Les.


Re: Promiseland

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:59 am
by Fetian

Two weeks