out of context D&D discourse
The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I am catching up on news feeds and it looks like, shocker! Mexican Independence Day weekend was a shitshow again!
It's gotten progressively worse in terms of its impact on residents, and while I know the municipal leaders in charge of traffic/closure decisions want me to be angry at the revelers, they're not the ones closing off streets willy-nilly! To explain, Mexican Independence Day is a big party weekend in Chicago, with a parade and a few other events. Young'ens like to dress their cars up with Mexican flags and drive in big caravans honking and doing the most:
and like sure if you live downtown my understanding is the fireworks and cars into the wee hours of the night are A Lot (tm) but the part that becomes a genuine agony and safety issue is Chicago Police, in their infinite wisdom, just start........closing down streets and intersections.
As far as I can tell their goal is to keep everyone downtown, which means it genuinely feels like there is no escape because they quite simply do not care about the enormous population of people who do not live downtown and/or are not actively partying downtown. This is to say nothing of how absurd it is to not let even the revelers disperse, which would alleviate at least some of the burden, since while yeah there's tons of caravans who are gonna zoom around and be belligerent all night, there's also some people who have partied and are now ready to Uber home.
(I can't even imagine the rideshare fees, but I guarantee they're high enough to make someone wanting to make a good decision about drunk driving have to think twice)
On second shift my normal commute home was about 20-25 minutes, sometimes faster, and last year's Mexican Independence Day weekend it took me an hour and a half to get home on both days. It was fucking awful; they say that "residents/workers will have access" but if you try driving up to a blocked exit the police just scream at you to keep driving or to turn around.
like ACAB for all the obvious reasons but also because they're fucking stupid
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I had someone tell me "I'm an introverted extrovert" today and I did not comment but man people will just, say words, won't they
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Yet another upside to moving shifts: I can go to the farmer's market on a workday! I went after work just now (w/ Baby Dog in tow because she looooooooooves the farmer's market, she plants her feet and gets mad when we leave) and got two pounds of heirloom tomatoes. I'm gonna use some on sandwiches and the others in a feta and tomato pie this weekend!
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Long week at work so yesterday I was absolutely shellacked by the time I got home. I did manage to get groceries afterward but by the time I did that, got those put away, made dinner, and sat down, I had no brain cells left. I hung out in party chat w/ the Toes and bounced back-and-forth between like four different video games before admitting I had no gas left in the tank and going to bed fairly early. I slept quite a bit and feel better this morning, so it was a good call!
Today I need to:
clean the kitchen cuz it's a bit of a bachelor wreck
do some meal prep (tomato pie!!!!) oh shit I need to get the pie crust outta the freezer I'll do that right after this
exercise
stay silly
I just sat for a bit w/ coffee to do ESO dailies so lemme go ahead and exercise since I'm getting the himbo fidgets
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:18 pmToday I need to:
clean the kitchen cuz it's a bit of a bachelor wreck
do some meal prep (tomato pie!!!!) oh shit I need to get the pie crust outta the freezer I'll do that right after this
exercise
stay silly
adding:
laundry
go to the corner store to get bread because I forgot bread yesterday RIP
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
YouTube has started pretty regularly giving me two minute ads at the start of videos and it's annoying enough to make me watch less videos, because I load up something in the background and immediately bounce off
- Fetian
- Posts: 4592
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
- .oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
The ad frequency and length has gotten So bad
And it keeps saying 'fewer ads for this longer video' but it's just not true?? It's still popping ads every five minutes, what is it talking about
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
me: I would like to watch a Gab Smolders Let's Play in the background while I cook
YouTube: here is a mandatory two minute ad about a crochet kit
me: okay Spotify lo-fi it is, then