The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

My back is also in a lot of pain today and I probably need a steroid shot but I am going to pretend I don't and that a good night's sleep will fix me

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

By Talos this can't be happening

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Still struggling with Bad Sleep (tm), but I did tell my headshrinker doc and he prescribed me some meds to help. They should arrive in the next few days and then I'll give them a trial run on my weekend, since I am not enough of a fool to take drowsy-inducing meds for the first go on a day sleeping through my alarms would cause problems.

Otherwise I'm chugging along! I feel like I have more to say but it's buried under tired, so I'm gonna finish cleaning the kitchen (I was good and made a proper dinner, but it did create dishes) and then do my ESO dailies while I try to remember how to think

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I found a YouTube channel where a Nice Lady (tm) grooms animals and kinda talks through her process and it's just generally nice and soothing and she's very focused on the animal's comfort (i.e. trying to balance not making a fractious cat freak the absolute fuck out with still getting matted fur taken care of, etc) but like

Screenshot 2024-09-30 170348.png

I'm sorry seeing cats in the tantrum sock is so fucking funny every time

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Also made me realize how tough it can be on a cat who is elderly/has medical issues and isn't able to self-groom, since I think a lot of people (myself included, as a dog owner) assume cats don't have issues with that and turns out they can get really itchy and matted and uncomfy

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Double also, didn't realize Persians/flat-faced cats aren't able to groom themselves appropriately (per this groomer, I am not a smushface cat expert but it does make sense)

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I'm torn between wanting to try a simple drawing/prompt challenge to kick me back into drawing, and bouncing immediately off that idea because I often don't have the gumption to finish challenges like that and feel bad for not doing so

I actually have been drawing a good bit but have reached a point where every time I pick up my tablet I don't know what I want to draw, and end up fussing until I lose interest, so maybe some prompts aren't a terrible idea I dunnoooooooooooo

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

I keep! Meaning! To do the prompt thing we were doing and I just have not had the energy to do it on top of all the everything else. I really want to do that though

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am revoking the word "twink" from like 90% of the population, you can have it back when you stop calling literally every masc person that

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Fetian wrote: ↑Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:00 am

I keep! Meaning! To do the prompt thing we were doing and I just have not had the energy to do it on top of all the everything else. I really want to do that though

SAME the spirit is willing but the body is sleepy

Post Reply