The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Yesterday I went on a nice long run and mostly hung out otherwise, which was nice, but today I have things that need doin':

Clean kitchen (I did a preliminary clean but will need to do another after meal prep is done, so I'm not crossing it off yet)
Clean floors
Pay bills
Meal prep (I'm making salmon to go w/ my salads)
Trim Baby Dog's nails
Brush Baby Dog
Remove my extra FF14 retainer (I'm about to log in and do this presently, but basically I've decided I'll keep my subscription for now BUT I currently pay for an extra in-game thing that I'm gonna get rid of to make my subscription cheaper; in order to do that I have to log in and do some inventory maintenance first though)

annnnnnnnnd I think that's mostly it for now

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:13 pm

Clean kitchen
Clean floors
Pay bills
Meal prep
Trim Baby Dog's nails
Brush Baby Dog
Remove my extra FF14 retainer

++I went on a run and figured out how to get MTG on Tabletop Simulator so I can play w/ Greggo and Masque, which ended up being way easier than I thought it would be so that's rad

okies time to chill until D&D

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I would feel better about alt text on social media posts if the people loudly instructing about how to write/use it weren't people who did not need its services

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Like I am just not sure someone's entire creative writing sidebar is helpful to a visually-impaired person, and almost every guide I see linked or pointed to is written by people who are, themselves, not visually-impaired, or who don't seem to be receiving feedback from people who are

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

"blind people need this to be done this exact way" says the person who can see

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I'm spicy about this one in particular because a lot of alt text I see is extremely fucking extra and it annoys me when people are being extremely fucking extra under the guise of accessibility, especially when I am suspicious it makes it harder for visually-impaired persons to browse or figure out what an image is

Admittedly I do not have a good solution for this and I'm not trying to say alt text is outright unhelpful, I am just yelling at clouds

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I guess I should caveat that I also do not use screen-readers/etc so I don't know firsthand what's helpful, either

I just make a face when you're out here writing entire ass fanfic in the alt text

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

anyways I love Minecraft sunrises and sunsets

Screenshot 2024-10-27 091052.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

1000013682.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Exhausting week!

Work has been extremely busy, with the added debuffs of:

Tuesday I had lead investigator because the other two who were supposed to have it didn't bring their sorry asses to work, so I had approximately 80 fucking doctor errands to run, plus I had it for TEN HOURS because I had to work late that day to cover training

Wednesday, today, I had to then take that training myself, which was an agonizing four hours of mental health/"emotional intelligence in the workplace" training that was excruciatingly corporate and neurotypical

Tomorrow I have lead AGAIN because fuck my life

+++today I had to go on a run immediately after walking Baby Dog because I was so wound up from having my social batteries drained. It's still so much better than before, because I used to feel like that basically every single workday, but the past days combined with the group training thing (we had to break off into groups for discussion/etc basically every ten minutes), combined with a Halloween party making everyone super social and standing in groups right near mine and Roy's desks raaaaghighj;dhfg go away

Screenshot 2024-10-30 170756.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply