The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

"Someone has a stat block for tapeworms, rad! The internet is amazing" -- quotes from D&D

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I had to do a bunch of adulting today and it was butts HOWEVER it is time for my weekend and I have Dave and Fetian Time (tm) tonight so hecko yeah

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Baby's at the vet for her annual, but she hasn't been feeling super great the past few days so they had me drop her off for bloodwork and to check her pancreas and a few other things. Fingers crossed she's okay and just, you know, old. I'm trying not to catastrophize but she's my best friend, so it's tough!

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Fingers crossed and good thoughts!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Baby Dog has pancreatitis, but they did scans and ruled out cancer, so I go pick her up in about an hour and will have to take her back tomorrow to get IV fluid. She has a bunch of meds and stuff, too. I'll get the full report when I go pick her up, but I think the prognosis is okay

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am, expectedly, extremely anxious and have deep cleaned my house, gone on a run, and generally feel ill and probably will continue to do so until I have her back home

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

It's hard, when they're older, because you're always afraid this vet visit is the last one and you just don't know it yet

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

I'm glad it's not cancer, I hope she gets better soon

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Fetian wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2024 9:47 pm

I'm glad it's not cancer, I hope she gets better soon

Well!

The vet gave me the full update when I picked her up, and they did find a mass on her spleen. They aren't sure if it's cancer or not, but I've made the decision to just let it be; if it is cancer, then the only treatment (after a lot of invasive scans and testing) would be surgery to remove the spleen. To be honest, I am not sure if she (a very elderly dog with bad kidneys) would survive being under general anesthesia, and I've promised myself I will never put Baby Dog through unnecessary agony in order to give myself more time.

But the mass isn't bothering her, the vet confirmed it's just there and not causing her any discomfort, so it's one of those things where probably within the next year she'll be sick one morning and I'll take her to the vet and they'll tell me something's gotten worse. The vet said if it's cancer, she has maybe 6-8 months before it gets bad.

I think Baby Dog will tell me when it's time.

but!

It's not time yet, thankfully. She's feeling MUCH better after the treatment for pancreatitis; she goes back to the vet today for another round of IV fluid and then back home after that w/ meds and whatnot. She's acting a lot more like herself, attitude and all, and I can tell she feels better, which is good and makes me happy.

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am the steward of a perfect little life and I promise, promise, promise I will not ever hurt Baby Dog to make myself feel better

Post Reply