The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Screenshot 2024-12-01 144954.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

There's some fascinating fanfic potential in that, including some crackfic about evil mice or what have you. But also I feel like if he got results like animals murdering each other then he wouldn't have been quite so enthusiastic about moving on to human test subjects nor about testing it on himself, so. What, uh, what results did he get? I think the implication is supposed to be (if they actually put any thought into this, which is doubtful, I love Jekyll & Hyde but it's not the most coherent play) that humans have a unique capacity for evil that the test animals didn't, but that doesn't answer the question.

Also Henry you need more than one man for a clinical trial come on. Worst scientist.

 
ALSO I am constantly a hat-drop away from bursting into HOW CAN I CONTINUE ON, WHEN THEY CAN STOP EACH STEP I TAKE,

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

ALSO continually baffled by the released version giving Henry the motivation of using these experiments to save his dad, what does he have cancer of the evil, is someone going to poison him and the only way to stop them is to remove their badness, what

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

Jekyll & Hyde is the B-movie of broadway musicals and I am so into that

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Fetian wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 11:45 pm

ALSO I am constantly a hat-drop away from bursting into HOW CAN I CONTINUE ON, WHEN THEY CAN STOP EACH STEP I TAKE,

don't destroy the work you've done, Henry there's too much at stake!

I think the musical's kinda half-baked plot is doing an ableism and implying that madness/dementia/etc is somehow aberrant and evil???? maybe???? but it doesn't quite make sense from that perspective, either, because Dr. Jekyll never does answer the question of "when you separate good from evil, what happens to the evil?" so I have no fucking clue what his plan was. Turn Alzheimer's or brain cancer into a grown-ass man and then uhhhh shoot him???? Especially because his formula does not separate the "evil" into another entity, it just transforms the person temporarily with diminishing returns, although to be fair he likely didn't know that at the time.

If I wanted to do an extremely dark read of the whole animal testing thing, maybe when he runs his free clinic he was testing on people like Lucy (undomiciled persons, prostitutes, etc), but what were the results of the tests???? Whether it's a lab rat or a person, it doesn't make any sense!!!

(I also think that read is uncharitable and that Jekyll is a petty and arrogant dumbass, but not cruel, and clearly he jumps to self-harm before intentionally harming others re: immediately deciding to test on himself)

like ultimately the answer is it doesn't make sense because they wanted Jekyll to be well-intentioned and it's uhhhhhh extremely hard to do that, especially when you're stretching 100ish pages of short story (that is only from Utterson's perspective) into an entire two act musical, but damn it I wanna knowwwwwww

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I need to know / the nature of the fuckshit Jekyll was up to

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

Fetian wrote: ↑Sun Dec 01, 2024 11:45 pm

There's some fascinating fanfic potential in that, including some crackfic about evil mice or what have you.

wait hang on have I got the AU crossover of all time,

Screenshot 2024-12-02 073302.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

🤯

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

erikavonkaiser wrote: ↑Mon Dec 02, 2024 1:30 pm

so I have no fucking clue what his plan was. Turn Alzheimer's or brain cancer into a grown-ass man and then uhhhh shoot him????

Choosing to accept this as canon

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

>A pig with the capacity for evil?

Hey is Henry responsible for Animal Farm

Post Reply