also perceive what I drew I'm pretty proud of it actually, although the purples seemed brighter on my tablet and I can't tell what the "true" color is but it still looks okay
The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
sorry please look at Batstarion in 100% view
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Grief is big and small; it's been kinda big the past few days, but smaller today. I'm getting some chores done to make the most of it, since I've fallen behind on some tasks, and then I think I'm gonna be cozy and do MMO dailies before heading to bed.
I probably have more things to say but ehhhhhhhhhhhhh sleepy, long dark
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
It is extremely hilarious to me that Borderlands 4 announcements have had to come alongside the devs saying outright "we're doing less potty and meme humor now guys we promise"
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
It's days like today (when I am shaving my undercut because I'm about to see my girlfriend in a few days) that I wonder how the absolute fuck I ever insisted I was a heterosexual
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Like I know the answer is religious trauma and compulsive heterosexuality both being things but, come on now
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I have done a holiday!
On Crimmey Eve I drove to Milwaukee and hung out with Sophie in her apartment for a bit, then we drove to her parents' for their traditional Christmas Eve dinner. They call it "shepherd's supper" and eat a lamb dish with a bunch of snacks. We brought fancy bread and olive oil and everyone ate in the living room and had storytime and exchanged gifts. It was Sophie's parents and then all the Jones children, so Sophie being the babiest with me as her plus one, then the middlest sibling Ezra with their plus one Yves, then the oldest sibling Rhys with their plus one Ash. As you may or may not have intuited from my pronoun use, Sophie's family is full of queer people which is ... I dunno man, it's nice! It's nice to feel safe. I don't think I've ever felt that way during a familial holiday gathering.
Also there was a dog named Toolbox (aka Toobs) who Rhys recently adopted; he is timid and nervous but very sweet, and I gave him Baby Dog's last BarkBox that unfortunately she never got to receive. He is the type of timid where he's unsure what to do with toys, but he liked the treats and Rhys updated Sophie on their way home that Toolbox had started to chew on one of the toys when he wasn't under so much scrutiny. Good for Toolbox!
The next day we went to Christmas "dinner" (actually lunch) at Sophie's grandmother's. Her grandmother is called Saint Lorraine and is extremely German Lutheran but in the nice way where she loves all her grandchildren and does not even seem to notice if they walk in with the proverbial blue hair and pronouns. St Lorraine is also 96 years old and extremely spry, considering! I made a buttermilk pie which she liked so much she kept the leftovers of, and that made me happy because I was, to be honest, very nervous about it. I've never really made a family gathering food in that way, so I'm glad she liked it. Also there was lasagna made in Ash's family's Sicilian sweatshop and oh my god it was good
We hung out there for a bit until the Jones siblings all got overstimulated and wanted quiet autism time, so we helped clean up and said our goodbyes before drifting to our various airbnb situations for a bit. Sophie took a nap, I read a book, and after an hour or so Ezra/Yves + Rhys/Ash/Toolbox came over to our airbnb to hang out further and watch a movie. Unfortunately for me we watched Resident Evil, although it was my turn to be a bit overstimulated so I read more of my book on the couch and just occasionally chimed in (mostly that Michelle Rodriguez and Milla Jovovich's characters should kiss, which everyone agreed was obvious and necessary).
tbh the movie wasn't as bad as I remember + as I've gotten older my spicy opinions get saved for things I care more about, so my refreshed opinion is "terrible adaptation but a fun if somewhat goofy action movie"
Anyways that's more or less the weekend; yesterday I came back to Chicago and immediately took a nap about it before I had the energy to unpack. I was wise and took an extra day off, today, to finish getting my head on straight and also take care of groceries/prep for the upcoming week/New Year/etc.
Right now that involves drinking coffeedrank and then maybe dooting around on some video games before I start to do adulting tasks!
I hope everyone had a good holiday, and felt safe and loved.
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
Oh, and presents!!
Masque got me a Ponyo-themed drink tumbler which I have already cleaned and am using as my water sippy cup. I'll probably take it to work, it'll be good to hold tea and water in on my desk
My friendmom Jessica got me two ornaments for my tree, both of which are Baby Dog themed! She told me she ordered them before Baby Dog passed, and kind of warned me in the card so I could wait to open them if I wanted, but I opened them and put them up right away. One of them is a picture of me, Baby, and Sophie, because my friendmom doesn't hate gay people! Man, I could really get used to having friends and family that don't think I'm gross, it rules
Sophie got me a stocking full of goodies like chocolate coins and a little slime, and also!!! a signet ring and sealing wax!!! THE SIGNET RING IS A SCARLET PIMPERNEL ahhhhhhhhh
Sophie's dad got me some nifty and fancy spices; he actually got everyone spices and then we traded like they were Pokemon cards to get the assortments we wanted, which was his intention
O Dave sent me a game on Steam I've never heard of but that I tried out last night and totally rules. Anarcute! It's like you're little adorable woodland creatures and you gather more of your adorable woodland creature friends to riot and beat up police officers. It's sort of Katamari Damacy-lite, to me, in that the objective requires you Get Big. I'll play more of it today!!
Greggo said he has a "mystery" gift for me that has not been unveiled yet, so we shall see
and I think that's it!