Promiseland

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

Big "what's the point" hours lately

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

-The pipes are backed up again, property managers have scheduled an appointment tomorrow afternoon for a plumber to come snake the cleanout
-They've also scheduled an inspection for a couple weeks from now, though Lee is trying to get it rescheduled for a week further out
-Speaking of Lee, he and Erik are travelling across the country for a few days, so I will have the house to myself and also need to take care of every animal
-Speaking of animals, Dr. Les called and wants to tweak Oz's methimazole again, but the dose he wants to tweak it to is a dose she was already on so I'm waiting to hear back about that
-Finances have gotten to the point where it's stressful to look at them, which makes me not want to look at them, which is bad. But it's on my list to take care of bills today
-I also want to take a shower, clean the litterboxes, do homework, and work on SnowRPG, we'll see how much of that I get done

Okay I love you bye bye

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

Vet called back and has confirmed he wants her back on the dose she was on when we first brought her in to see him (though reversed)

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

I did get bills paid, but I didn't do anything else on my list because what I actually had to do was wrap Lee's birthday present. I got him a jewellery box I found at the flea market on Sunday -- on the way home with it I talked briefly with a homeless man who told me "Your wife is going to love that". And at home I dug around in my spare change box until I found a penny minted in his birth year, and then looked up information on turning pennies to brass because I thought that would be a nice touch to include inside the jewellery box. It is bad luck to give someone an empty wallet, and a jewellery box is not quite the same thing but it still felt right to put something in it. Anyway, during that research I learned that 1982 was the year the mint transitioned pennies from pure copper to copper and zinc, which is way sooner than I'd thought it happened, and so some pennies minted during that year are copper and some are zinc, which does not actually have any impact on the process for brass-ifying them but when I tested the penny I wanted to use I discovered it was copper and that seemed cooler than turning it to brass. So I just cleaned it and put that in the box

 
I'm very tired! But I've written myself up a schedule for taking care of all the animals over this coming weekend. Hopefully they do not pee on too many things. I'm also a little worried about Ivy pooping inside if she isn't let out in the morning, you know, when I'm asleep, but my plan is to put her outside for a period right before I go to bed, and hopefully that helps.

 
Tonight I will go to bed at a reasonable time, and tomorrow I will get the homework that's due tomorrow done. And hopefully the plumbers come and clear out our pipes

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

Screenshot 2026-09-02 at 22-57-16.png

 
fucking, why though

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sorcyress
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:51 pm
Pronouns: They

Re: Promiseland

Post by Sorcyress »

The jewelry box feels extremely sweet. I hadn't heard that about empty wallets, but I like the concept.

User avatar
knightofcups
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Pronouns: he/him
.oO: lord what fools these mortals be!

Re: Promiseland

Post by knightofcups »

It’s really really pretty too. Look!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

★
.how quick bright things come to confusion.
★

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

Cael had his first hairball this morning. When Oz had her first hairball, she went to the litterbox to do it and Cael seemed to have the same instinct, which is interesting to me.

I had two or three fingers of bourbon last night and today I have a very small hangover which is ridiculous. But Jake and I played Monster Prom 3: Monster Roadtrip, I think is the full title, and it was very fun! Absolutely not the sort of game we could play in the middle of the night when there's people in the house but it was great fun doing it while Lee and Erik are gone

Since the dishwasher wasn't usable the day before yesterday, there were dishes left to be done, so I spent yesterday doing those. Also got homework done, and I looked around for the power cable to the playstation because I wanted to play Bloodborne but I couldn't find it. Didn't get up to much else, I don't think. Today I should work on the homework due Monday, but beyond that I don't really have any plans

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

Toasting shmallows over a tea candle

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: Promiseland

Post by Fetian »

A new Diminish came out yesterday after like two years (not counting an in-character 'Yes I'm still alive' last year) so I'm rewatching all the previous videos first, and the end of Act I is legit making me cry a little

Post Reply