The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

!!!!

play bow this morning! she wrassled with my hands a bit

ALERT THE MEDIA

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

Since I'm home all day today and getting her to eat a meal at one sitting is not as necessary, we are beginning operation: Is There a Shape Ponyo Will Accept Food From

Screenshot 2026-10-04 074413.png

I was trying before with the widest bowl I had and that one was a no-go unless I held it basically sideways so she could eat from the side of it, and only with me holding it and encouraging her

Screenshot 2026-10-04 074533.png

anyway mixed results so far, she took a single bite's worth of food off the snuffle mat and then went to a safe spot to chew it, then seemed to lose interest and is now napping

I did give her about a half cup of food on the floor (her preferred way to eat) so she's got a meal in her, we'll see if I can get her to try eating on her own for dinner

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

oh! I should try a plate, maybe, too

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

I don't want to change too many things at once so I'll just work on trying different shapes/surfaces for now but I could also move the food entirely, maybe the area is too open and she'd like it more in a corner or underneath something

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

We are also going to have to deal with the vacuum today, I did set it out in a visible area so she can see it exists and we will have to gauge how scary the noise is. In my experience all dogs hate the vacuum (Baby Dog was extremely brave/bold and even she was like NOPE,,,), but if she has a really strong reaction to it I can crate her and honestly just sweep the bedroom so the vacuum doesn't have to get close to her crate or any of her super safe spots

User avatar
knightofcups
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Pronouns: he/him
.oO: lord what fools these mortals be!

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by knightofcups »

God, that intake photo. What a poor sweetheart. I’m glad she's got someone good to take care of her now.

I also really like hearing how you’re going about getting her adjusted. it’s interesting on top of being sweet. and also she’s beautiful.

★
.how quick bright things come to confusion.
★

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Post by erikakaiser »

phew I'm tired, taking care of an entire beast after two years of not is making me eeply

Post Reply