We didn't know him, Horatio
The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- Fetian
- Posts: 4592
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
- .oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I drew my gay sons please perceive
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I've started choosing colors more deliberately (and for my last two drawings or so have been actively using a technique to make a palette of similar tones or whatever the correct verbiage is) and it's made a huge difference in cohesiveness
in this one I tried to color Merillian with cool tones and Rex with warm tones, I think it comes across!
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I am so tired and the main thing that's making me tired will not be alleviated until next spring so that's, exhausting
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I see this as art advice all the time and do not comprehend it
Admittedly I have tritanomalous vision but also what does it. Like. What does it mean. Forehead yellow why
- Fetian
- Posts: 4592
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
- .oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I found the source for that here: https://www.swatchesacademy.com/post/us ... -portraits
But that's talking about a specific use for a general concept and I can't find information on the general concept ("skin map") anywhere. It seems to be something about how light reflects off of parts of the face at different colour temperatures? Or something? The post seems to be saying that you can map out those colours onto a face and then lower the opacity and it will look more realistic than just shading the skin tone like the face is all one colour, which makes sense because faces aren't all one colour and the different planes and angles will affect the lighting/shading. But I don't think just that graphic without any context is, at all helpful in any sense??
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
The art I'm currently working on is a forward-facing portrait so maybe I'll try one without a color map and one with and see if it makes any sort of difference at all? My faces aren't very skilled/detailed yet but they're face-shaped enough to give it a try
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
- erikakaiser
- Posts: 2784
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
- Pronouns: she/her
- .oO: power of friendship 🐀👑
Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0
I think the vibes tonight are make a blanket nest and play Chrono Trigger on Steam Deck